thirty six.

dallas went to the bathroom and my dad was taking a phone call, so i decided to wash the dishes.

i cleared the table and dumped the dishes all into the sink and started running the water.

"my parents gave me up when i was little to live with my grandparents, my grandpa died and my grandmother has alzheimer's and is living in a home."

i shut the water off and turned around and opened my mouth but nothing came out.

"you told me about your mother, so it's only fair that i confess something too."

"dallas you didn't have too."

dallas walked over to the sink and turned back on the water "i know, i guess i needed to let it out. you wash, i'll dry."

"do you see her often?"

"not really, with me being sick and all. she doesn't really remember me that much and that sucks, but i'll probably pay her a visit, it's about time."

i was shocked that the mysterious dallas bloom had it worse then ever.

"thank you."

i passed him a plate to dry.

"for what?"

"opening up to me. i feel like i've been talking to a stranger for weeks."

"whatever. it was bound to come out."

"i guess so." i said putting more soap on the sponge.

"your dad's pretty cool."

"yeah. we've gotten more close since my mother died, you just got to love him."

i shut off the water and dallas dried the last plate.

"hey, thanks for inviting me, i know i said i wouldn't have fun, but this night hasn't been so bad."

"i told you."

we finished all the dishes and i dried my hands and looked toward him.

"now let's eat dessert."