thirty four.

*knock knock*

i walked over and opened the door to be greeted by dallas.

"i uh.. didn't know what to bring, so nancy suggested apple cider."

he passed me the bottle and i took that moment to observed how he looked.

he was wearing slacks, a blue button up and chucks which made me laugh.

"blue, are you gonna let me in?"

i snapped out of my daze and invited him in.

"dad, we have company."

i dragged dallas to the living room and gestured for him to take a seat.

my dad appeared with an apron on in which he wiped his hands on before shaking dallas' hand.

"you must be dallas, nice to meet you and happy thanksgiving ."

"same to you mr.stevens."

"indie, dallas, foods almost ready so just sit back and relax."

he rushed back to the kitchen, probably attending to the turkey once again.

"indie?"

"yeah that's what my dad calls me. come on, let's go upstairs."

we walked into my room and i watched as dallas took a look around.

"i guess a girl can never have too many stuffed animals."

he was referring to the pile on my bed. i can admit that thirty five stuffed animals was a little too much but they belonged to my mother.

"they were my mothers."

"is your mom one of those moms that interrogate their guest during dinner?"

"um.. no, she's dead."

"indie, dallas, foods ready."

i didn't know why i told him that, maybe saying it out loud made it even more real.

"let's go."

i didn't look him in the eyes but i could feel his footsteps following me.

quiet.