Chapter Four

A tall, bulky man was revealed behind the heavy door.

The Viking threw me towards the man standing in the doorway by my arm.

"Jenta har hun vært disobediant . Fortell Jarl . La ham gjøre med henne som han vil.", barked the Viking. The girl , she has been disobediant . Tell the Jarl . Let him do with her ​​as he pleases.

"Jeg frykter ikke trusler dine , du arrogant imbeciles!", I spat. I do not fear your threats , you arrogant imbeciles!

The Viking stood next to me, his hand clenched into a ball. He brought his hand across my face, the burning sensation making my cheek a rosy red.

"Du slo meg!", I retorted. You hit me!
"Du bas-", I screamed, but was interrupted by the Jarl who stomped to the threshold of the door. You bas-

"Gi meg jenta!", said the Jarl. Give me the girl!

The Jarl pulled me into what seemed to be his temporary home on these torrential waters.

I stood valiantly, my hands behind my back.

He pulled out his iron sword, casting silver shadows across the room.

I continued to stand tall, swallowing an unnoticeable whimper.

"Do you not fear me?", barked the Jarl.

"Of course not. In the hands of God I fear nothing; not even death."

"I can make you fear death!", barked the Jarl.

"You cannot make me do anything! To fear death is to fear your first encounter with God! For humans only fear the suffering and pain that may come along with death! God has a way of making things come to live again!"

"Nothing in this world fits what you claim your God can do!" he screamed.

"The grass dies in the winter and grows in the spring. Some creatures freeze with the winter and thaw with the spring; humans die on Earth, but their soul goes up to heaven, where they live their eternal life in the full presence of the Lord in a greater kingdom.", I replied, unnerved.

"Someday, you must take me to see these animals.", he whispered.

"Considering that I have just been captured against my will, you should not expect me to do anything for you."

"Alright. I see that you seem to despise me in more ways than one, correct?"

"There is no implicit voice or word that I have used to make you think otherwise." , I replied stubbornly.

The Jarl now stood in front of me, but I fearlessly crossed my arms with nothing but a smirk upon my face.

"What you are doing to me is not going to effect my in any way! You cannot take my soul, given to me by the lord our God!", I stood holding my crucifix necklace between my hands.

"Listen you little princess," he spat as he drew his head near mine. "I am a Viking. You have no idea what I am capable of.". His breath bounced off of my neck as the words reverberated in my mind like a church bell on the Sabbath.

"I am a Viking. You have no idea what I am capable of."

Then I have no idea what any of his men are capable of.

He drew his head back, clearly knowing that he had created a disarray of worries to burn in my mind.

"I am far from a princess.", I muttered.

"If you were not a princess, you would know that I can take everything from you.", he snapped.

"You have already taken my kin, my home, and my country! There is nothing left to take!", I screamed.

The Jarl walked over to me, his eyes wide with anger.

Suddenly, he grasped my arms, shaking me violently, and then throwing me to the floor. My blonde hair covered my eyes, but I could still see his feet moving back and forth on the squeaky floor boards as I hovered over the rocking wooden planks, my arms bent to support myself, for they were my only "pillars".

" I can take everything from you! Have I made that clear?", he screamed. His hair had fallen from his twine and now crept between his lips, flowing up every time he exhaled.

"Don't just sit there like the pesky, what you call 'wee', flie that you always are! Speak lass!"

"I do not fear you! You are scum! You know that you cannot win this fight! You know that there is nothing that you can take from me anymore! Nothing! And for that reason, you scream and shout; and you pout like the child that you really are inside! Well, you listen you foul smelling, dump dwelling, low lying, sack of manure! I will not bow down to you! I despise you!"

He stomped over to me, pulling me over by my hair, the top of my head facing the ground, as the cold end of his sword touched the back of my neck.

"Now! Now! Now!", he chuckled. "Now, you are bowing down to me!", he let out a loud laugh before releasing me and throwing me to my side.

"And now that you have done that, I must tell you good news!", he chuckled loudly once more, slamming the tip of his sword into the floor, tiny splinters flying about the planks.

"Please do!", I snapped.

"I will take you to Norway to be my wife!", he replied.

"That is the contrary of good news!", I screamed, holding my neck to sheild it from another fight.

"There is nothing that you can do to change this! It is my final decision!", he declared.

I stood up and walked near the wooden wall.

"I know that I cannot change this. But do me a service by leaving me be for the next several moons or this," I clenched my fist into a ball, and punched the wall with such force that I had made a hole. "will be you."

A/N: I promised for this chapter to be longer and it was(ish). I put a lot of the character's lines into larger paragraphs so it seemed shorter but beleive it or not, this chapter is actually over 1,000 words long. I feel REALLY bad for Lagertha! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me if you'd like! 😊😊😊😊