Chapter Ten

Wiping the condensation from the dirty glass, I stood on my toes to get an improved view of the land. Joy boiled over inside of me, forcing me to smile for once in this whole experience.

It had been a year and a half since we had boarded this ship!

I ran out of the mapping room and onto the deck.

"Land ho!", I yelled as I waved my right arm through the air.

"Do you see what my lovely wife to be has just pointed out boys?", yelled Augun, clearly filled to the brim with pride.

"I am not your wife.", I muttered, aggravated.

"You will be.", said Augun.

"Ugh!", I retorted.

He took me by the hand and walked me to the ship railing.

"Stop that! I can walk on my own!", I scoffed.

I shook his hand from mine and walked to a farther part of the railing.

"Until we are officially wed, I want you to stay away from me.", I scooted farther from him once more, putting my hands over my nose, roughly rubbing my sinuses.

"Do not even think about following me onto land.", I muttered.

To my surprise, he did not complain or even speak; he just stood there gazing over the ocean as if that was another land that would surrender to his rule.

I looked down into the dark liquid, my reflection swirling and swiveling in the water. Another person joined my reflection. It was Augun.

"Please leave me be.", I requested.

"How many times have you spoken that phrase since we have first met? Was it 56 times?", he asked sarcastically.

"Ha, ha, ha!", I said facetiously.

Leaning farther over the rail, I realized that I could no longer see my reflection. It was lost in the endless waves, just like my family was lost in the ever running, green, stormy, abyss of Scotland.

I sighed loudly and moved away from the creaking wood beam that functioned as a rail. A sudden bump caused Augun to fall onto me, clasping his hands around my arms.

"Are you alright Lagertha?", asked Augun.

"How do you know my name? I have never told my name! Not even once.", I snapped.

"Please, learn to trust me my dear Lagertha. Trust is how you learn everything. Trust is how I know your name.", he whispered, bringing me up and wrapping his arms arms around my stomach.

"Do not call me Lagertha!", I barked as I shook free from his grasp.

"If I am to be your wife, I should think that I would know, and call you by your name!", I mocked.

"I am to marry you. I will call you whatever I wish.", he said calmly.

"And please, be kind towards me whenever I am kind towards you!", he pointed an accusing finger at me.

"I will not be kind towards you until you show that you care about my happiness!", I barked.

A/N: Remember to vote and comment!