Chapter Twenty-Seven

"How did you manage to come here?", I asked Dargess as I moved away from the other men. "Luck.", he replied.

A relieved look crossed my face uncontrollably. Noticing this, Dargess scooted closer to me and looked at the grey wall behind me.

"Go away Augun!", I snapped as I turned around to see his shadow disappear. "You have quite keen senses!", he exclaimed.

"Why thank you! I must ask you how you escaped Augun's men.", I said with a spike of interest peeking through my voice.

"I let him go.", replied a voice from behind me.

I turned to see Augun. "I recall asking you to leave. May I ask why you have not done so?", I barked.

"You must learn to be more gracious or next time I will not be so kind!", warned Augun.

"Hush.", I said as I brushed off Dargess' dirty shoulders and shooed Augun away. "You should know that you cannot be so disrespectful to the Jarl.", scolded Dargess.

"And you should know that I am his to be wife, and shall do what I please."

------------------

"Sleep.", said Augun in his usual tone.

"Why shall I sleep if you are next to me?", I asked sarcastically.

"Because I say so. You have done this before, why is now any different?"

"I am only releasing hidden feelings that I have had long before this night."

He laid down beside me and rolled to his side. "Sleep.", he repeated.

---------------------

     Many hours passed before he fell asleep, and me, being the good person that I was, had pretended to sleep until he was, in fact, unconscious.

I slid off of the bed and onto the floor, bringing with me the covers. I settled down on the hard floor, moving every once in a while to adjust a blanket or two.

Moonlight danced behind the red curtains, leaving a slightly happy feeling inside of me, for there was a little "light" in his life.

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment! Chapters WILL be longer soon! I've just been really distracted.