Chapter Twenty-Two

Winter withered the trees as I passed them, making my vision blurry and confusing. The sound of running water struck my ears like an axe strikes wood. A river came into veiw as I hopped off of my horse, patting his head as I did so. "Drink.", I said to the horse. As if I did not even need to tell him, he bent his long neck down and began to lap up the clean, refreshing water.

I turned my head to the trees, scanning them for any person who might be looking to take me or my horse. My hand shifted to my side, as if reaching for a sword that was not there. The horse's ears quickly shot up while he neighed erratically. An uneasy feeling overwhelmed me, as if the horse's odd behavior had been an omen. I hopped back on the horse, his eagerness overwhelming me. He shot off through the forest, never stopping for rest. Shouting filled my ears and the thump of horse hooves shook my head; but they were not my horse's hooves. They belonged to the Jarl and his men.

Soon enough, Augun had caught up with me, and was now riding by my side. "I see you have found me.", I retorted. "Stop your horse! I demand it!", he said while trying to grab at my arm. I pulled away from him and drove my horse sideways, and most importantly, away from him. I slowed my horse, knowing that if I did not surrender, he would injure him.

Augun had followed me, hopping off of his horse when he came to a stop. "Why?", he barked while he ripped me from my horse. He threw me to the ground. "Why did you run away?"

"I cannot live somewhere that I do not belong to. I belong to......", I trailed off. "You belong where? You are half of my people and half of your people, remember?", he snapped.

He pulled me up. I looked between him and a small space between the trees. "Are you going to run?", he asked. "Go ahead. I can still catch you.", he moved to open a space for me, but he put his hands out in the most insincere way possible.

I took the chance, bolting from the circle of men, past the trees, and through the forest. Surprisingly, Augun had caught up to me. I thought that all of his heavy supplies would be a set back. In only a matter of time, Augun had caught me. He knocked me down, pinning my arms to the ground by my head as he did so. He put himself ontop of me and brought his head close to mine. "Why?", he asked, his breathing heavy. "Why?", I repeated, surprised. "Do not ask me why! I have already told you!", I struggled to say while squirming in his grip.

"Really.", a long smirk appeared on his face. "If you will not tell you the truth, then I suppose I will have to torture the truth out of you." 

"I would rather that, than tell you anything.", I spat. He leaned down towards me and kissed my lips. "Tell me the truth!", he yelled. "No.", I answered simply. He gave me a longer, more passionate kiss. "Tell me!" "No!", I screamed. He pressed his lips to mine for the longest time I had ever felt. He seemed passionate in his ways, but I fought each terrible moment of every kiss that he had ever given me. "Sto-", I was interrupted by another one of his disgusting kisses.

Dear God, please protect my kin and I. Help guide the spirit of Augun to do the right thing and to change his ways.

Amen

I repeated this prayer in my head over ten times, but Augun still did not budge. He continuously kissed me, nearly making me vomit in my mouth, which would have been better considering it would have made him stop kissing me.

Augun sat up for a moment and turned towards his men. He motioned for them to leave, and they did as he ordered. My stomach turned at this.

He gave me one more, never ending kiss, so it seemed. "That will teach you to disobey my orders.", he said sarcastically as got off of me and pulled me up from the ground. He put his hand out to help me onto my horse, but instead of accepting his help, I climbed onto the horse myself, kicking him in the face as I did so.

I squeezed the horse tight, holding onto his mane as he rode towards the city. "Do not run away again, or I shall do what has just been done to.", he yelled as he caught up to me.

"Fine.", I whispered to myself.

Once I had entered the city, I had hopped from my horse and walked him to the stables. A firm grip spun me around. "Do not disobey me.", whispered Augun. "I shall only obey you if I may purchase this lovely steed.", I said slyly as I rubbed his neck. "But he has not a-", "I will call him Duke!", I interrupted. "Then it is a deal! This horse please!", Augun said harshly as he handed the stable boy gold coins.

"Now, you have promised to follow my orders.", he stated.

My most dreaded words slipped from between my lips, "Yes."

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment! Bye! (I still have not had the video problem fixed. Sorry!)