Book II Chapter One

"We will head towards sea and then hand our horses off to complete strangers?", I asked sarcastically to Augun. "No. We will head towards sea and then hand our horses off to the nearest stable in the nearest city who will keep them there until we return.", he explained, annoyed.

"Ok. When may I kill the enemy Jarl?", I asked, eager to get out of this marriage.

"Woah! In a hurry to kill?", he asked, startled. "Like a true Viking.", he uttered to himself.

"We will attack from the sea!", he yelled to his men. "Then we shall travel to a near by land and then to Scotland for our raids!", he ordered. His men cheered but I did not.

"Why? It would benefit us to go to Scotland first to retrieve supplies, then go to the nearby land and split the resources evenly among them. Then, we should attach the enemies from land, seeing as your naval power is not superior to their's. Once the enemies flee, they will go to the nearby land, which will be prepared to attack and demolish them once and for all.", I said in a matter-of- fact tone.

He looked astonished for a moment before turning around and raising his hands. "Hva en fantastisk idé! Ser du hvorfor jeg vil ha henne som min kone?", he exclaimed. What a splendid idea! Do you see why I want her as my wife?

The men laughed loudly once more. Augun put his arms down in a placating motion, quieting down the men. He pointed forward, towards the sea. "There. That is where we will go.", he whispered to me. A small fleck of light reflected from his fingers and into my eyes.

I grabbed his large hand, grasping the fourth finger on his left hand. A bulky silver ring sat intently on his hand. It was well-damaged and slightly bent. Two swords crossed in the middle, but something about them seemed different. They seemed as though the swords crossed to show honor, not hatred.

"Where?", I asked, intrigued. "Far over the seas. To me, 'twas a rare treasure, but nothing far more rare than you, Lagertha. It will be my promise ring. I shall not break any promises made to you."

"Where over the seas did you receive such a thing?", I moved my hands to my hips. "Receive...define such a word!", he said suspiciously.

"You stole it. You stole it! 'Twas a promise ring, that you stole! The purposes are backwards! No! I shall not except it.", I concluded. Throwing my hands up in the air, I walked over to Duke and gently slid into him.

"Good boy, now! Yah!", I yelled as I quickly oulled at the reins. I took off into the blazing sunset towards the sea.

One stride closer to home.

A/N: Woohoo! First book done, second one started! This is so much fun!! The song is a hint to the "far away land" that they will soon visit! If you can figure it out, message me for a shoutout (if the answer is CORRECT!)! Don't forget to vote and comment! Bye! :)