Chapter Nineteen

I jolted up and out of my covers. I looked around the home that I was to stay in. Vibrations ran through the ground, shaking me from my bed. "What on Earth?", I asked myself as I wandered outside. I looked to Augun who was just as shocked as I was. " 'Tis Loki. He has murdered Baldr and has been punished by being held in a cave with a poisonous serpent above his head. His wife has done a faulty job of emptying the bowl that caught the poison. Now, his face has been touched by the poison, and all Loki can do is jerk his head about.", explained Augun.

"My mother told me that when I was a young lass. She said that was why the earth would shake and quiver."

Augun nodded. I felt the ground quake beneath my feet and I struggled to keep my balance. "What are we to do?", I asked Augun. Before he could reply, the shaking ceased. We all looked at eachother, relieved that nothing terrible had happened. 

"Augun, when do you think we will leave?", I asked. "I could not tell you that. We only leave when we have finished giving these men training.", he replied. "Why in such haste?", he asked. "Do you remember what happened when we first got here? Dargess tried to kill me!", I shrieked.

"Yes, but he is dead now.", he said simply. "Are you sure? We thought that we had killed him once, but did we? No.", I argued, crossing my arms over my chest.

Augun sighed and walked away, too concentrated on his tasks to argue with me.

I turned towards the far away ocean, the sunrise nearly blinding me as I looked at the rapid waters. In the distance, I saw several small ovals floating on the water. "Ships.", I whispered to myself. My eye was caught by the symbol carved in the ships. It was our enemy clan- the clan that Augun had been trying to conquer.

"Ships! Enemy ships!", I yelled. Augun ran to me and held me by the arms. "You need to give. How many ships did you see?", he asked. "I saw nine ships and I'm not leaving! I've been trained to fight, so that is what I shall do."

"But their leader is looking for you!", he yelled. "Then I will kill him with great pleasure.", I said with a smirk.

We all made a straight, unbreakable line, our swords and shields overlapping eachother. The ground began to shake and grumble beneath our feet. It was happening again.

"Augun, what do we do?", I asked in panic.

"Pray."

A/N: Hey, guys! This was probably the longest I have gone without publishing but here is your chapter. Updates will be a little more frequent now so dont worry! Also, I have entered my story in the Watty's so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE vote for me on twitter by tweeting.....

I nominate "Mixed Blood [#Wattys2016]" #MyWattysChoice

You guys can also increase my chances by voting and commenting on my story!! Thank you guys SOOOOO much!!!!!! Bye!!!!