Chapter Fourteen

We all slept separately on the ground. It felt like snakes were in my hair and my stomach was twisting into knots. I didn't know what to do. All I knew was that I had to escape.

I waited until everybody was asleep, then I crept up on my toes, careful not to wake anybody.

I had gotten about halfway out of through the camp when a twig snapped. Their leader and his men ju psd up immediately. I sprung into action.

I ran from tree to tree until I became familiar with my surroundings. There was the field that I had come from and the trees that we had entered. Breathing heavily, I stopped at a tree. Suddenly, I felt a burning sensation in my back. I turned to see a thorns on the tree that I had been resting on.

I whimpered a bit but started to run once the screams and shouts grew louder.

Finally, I had gotten to the group. I saw Augun pacing back and forth, his hands behind his back.

"Augun!", I exclaimed as I ran up to him. "Lagertha!", he hugged me tight and I squeezed him until my arms burned. "Well, well. We seem to have had a lovely reunion.", said a voice.

I turned to see the enemy clan's leader. "Hello Augun.", he sneered. "You...", snorted Augun. "I declare war. You have taken my possible future wife. That is the last fault.", he put me behind him but I only peered out from his back.

"Where?", asked the leader. "Jorvík...in the winter.", Augun stated. The leader nodded and began to walk away. "Wait!", I yelled to him. He turned around. "I never learned your name.", I whispered. "Brutus.", he replied.

A/N: First of all, I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THE SHORT CHAPTER AND THE WAIT!! I feel so bad. Its just that I've been super busy and I'm at a writer's block. I really hoped you enjoyed the chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment! Bye! XXXXXX