Chapter Five Augun's P.O.V.

I stared at Lagertha as she boarded the wooden boat that swayed rythmically along the waves. I reached a hand out to help her in but she just slapped it and turned to me. "No.", she whispered. "I mean, thank you, but your help is not needed.", she looked towards me, her grey-blue orbs staring into mine.

Beneath her almond eyes and her stubborn personality, I saw fear, hurt, and anger, something that I rarely ever saw within her.

I could see anger and I could see hurt, but never fear. "Lagertha, do not fret.", I said to her.

She scooted away from me. "I am not."

"You are."

"Not. You do not understand me. I am much different than the......women that you are accustomed to.", she whispered, spreading her hair over her face.

The gray clouds darkened the sea waters to an ominous black-blue. Waves crashed over the side of the small boat. "Let us go!", I yelled. The men on the dock pulled the anchor from the water. He waved as we quickly sailed away.

She looked over to the neighboring boat. Dargess sat lazily on that boat, giving Lagertha cold looks. She turned her back to him and curled her legs against her chest.

I stared Dargess down accusingly. He had angered her somehow, or she had angered him. This posed less of a threat to me, but I could not bare to see Lagertga hurt.

Suddenly, she turned to me and asked, "Why is this boat so different?"

"This is our traditional Norsk boat. We were forced to steal a British boat on the way to Scotland."

"Oh. Were you aware that you were about to ruin a young girl's life once you stole that boat?", she asked angrily.

I did not answer. Days before that, I had thought of all of the lives I would take, but I did not stop. I could not let down my father.

"You are beautiful.", I whispered, trying to lighten the mood.

"Ahhh, yes. Well, beauty is deceiving. Men are fools for beautiful women."

"Yes, yes. I am no exception to that rule.", I said.

"No, you are not."

A/N: I had a comment asking for more of Augun's P.O.V. so here it is! :)

I've been working on some new books so updates will be slow.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Bye!