Chapter Fifteen

We boarded a ship to Iceland in mere days. Now, Augun and I were arguing, nothing out of the ordinary.

"You can't duel him!", I yelled. "Why can I not?", asked Augun snapishly. "You'll...you'll die!", I told him. "If I die, it's with honor.", he explained. "Oh, how comforting.", I said sarcastically.

"Please, Lagertha! Let me do what I believe is right!", he pleaded. "What if it's not?", I asked him. He drew back, offended. "I'm sorry.", I said, seeing that I had struck a sensitive cord.

"Please forgive me.", I whispered. Augun sighed loudly and sat down in the main ship room.

"How can I not?", he asked. I smiled. "You are truly a treasure.", I said to him. "Why, thank you.", he exclaimed.

"How do you suppose that you will beat this man?", I asked. "Oh, I have my ways. You needn't worry. If we follow your plans to go to Iceland and drop off reinforcements there, we should be safe.', he explained. "Meanwhile, you need to practice fighting.", he continued. I nodded and walked out of the main ship room. I looked down at the waves that collapsed on one another. I wondered about the fish and plants that had taken refuge in these restless waters. They were free-while I was stuck in a whirlwind of blood and guts-by choice.

What if this isn't what I want? I asked myself. What if they've taken away my values so I all I see is them as my life?

More nerve-racking  thoughts circled my mind as I stated into th abyss of the ocean.

**********
Over the days I could feel the winds growing colder. We were almost to our destination. I had heard magnificent rumors of Iceland having no ice at all, but black beaches lined the coast. I had longed to see one for as long as I could remember.

It would be so beautiful to see ice covering the water and holding life on its cold surface.

I had heard of black and white birds that could not fly but could waddle. News of ferocious bears and sleek fish-looking things sat on the sandy surfaces. There would be so much to see; so much to do. It would be a great escape from my life as a Viking. I could finally live my life and appreciate the beauty around me.

I could acknowledged all that God made and I could connect with him...finally.

A/N: Oh my gosh! Poor Lagertha just wants to go to Iceland but Augun wants to fight for his life. WOW! Choices!

Well, guys, I am really sorry AGAIN for the prolonged waiting period for posting chapters. I am working on other books and I've been really busy with some ODD things that have been happening in my mind so I'll try to post more.

Bye! Don't forget to vote and comment!! XXXXXXX