Chapter Twenty-One

I ran up the deadly cliff that had nearly taken my life days before. I needed to get a view of the battle field to see what I could do. I spotted a dead archer not far off of the cliff. Hastily, I climbed down and plopped to the ground. I took his bow and arrows from his back and started back up the cliff.

My legs ached as they scraped against the rocks, blood trickling down my shins. Slowly, I hoisted myself up onto the rock and grass and put the arrow in the bow. I looked down at the men scattered around the village and field. I could easily recognize enemies because of the symbols on their shields.

I shot my vision down the arrow and released it. The arrow flew through the air, finding its random target on an unfortunate enemy. I shot several times before being shot at myself.

The arrow landed in the grass next to me. I breathed a sigh of relief before attempting to climb back down, only to realize that my "shooter" was probably still alive. My stomach tied into a knot as I tried to quickly reach the ground.

Suddenly, a sharp pain shot through my chest. I looked up to see a man holding his bow. It looked like he had shot the last arrow that he had. I took one hand off of the cliff and touched the arrow. My breathing became heavy as my arms drew weak. My fingers slipped off the rock that I held and I went plummeting down to the ground. Landing on my back, I slowly looked up to see men gathering around me with swords and a smile.

And then, everything went black.

****************
Augun's P.O.V.

     I pulled the sword from the man on the ground, for it was much sharper. I dropped mine and slid my new sword into my sheath. It became quiet as enemy started to walk away and stand in a cluster far away from where I was standing. I looked around for Lagertha, but she was nowhere to be seen. I ran over to the group of men, putting my hands up in surrender. "Take me and leave her.", I said. "Do no harm to one of my faithful soldiers.", I continued.

They smiled as Arvid stepped out of the circle. "She's a very impressive girl, and a very valuable war prize. She escaped from my ship, killed many of men, only to be taken down by an archer. You on the other hand, are much more valuable. She is a mere woman. You carry information that we may need. And besides, if you leave her here, she'll have no one to help her and she'll die. It benefits us either way.", he said with a smirk.

He snapped his fingers and two of his men disarmed me while two more held my arms. They pulled me away with their clan. "My men!", I screamed. "Get Lagertha help! Or when I come back, you will be worse than dead!"

A/N:. I am so sorry that you guys had to wait. I was having a bit of a writer's block (which I evidently seem to get a lot of). Hi, guys! I just want to say Thankyou for reading and thank you for those of you who have voted for my book in the Watty's on Twitter. For those of you who are new....I have entered my story in the Watty's so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE vote for me on twitter by tweeting.....

I nominate "Mixed Blood [#Wattys2016]"  #MyWattysChoice

You guys can also increase my chances by voting and commenting on my story!! Thank you guys SOOOOO much!!!!!! Bye!!!!