Chapter Twelve

A/N: This is Lagertha's P.O.V.

     The pounding ship neared the canal as Augun was shouting and barking orders in Norse to many of his men, slapping one across the face for pulling the wrong rope to let the barrels that contained extremely "important" ale, loose.

A large canal sat between a mountain peak, as if trying to mock me for my several failed escape attempts.

I looked away, aggravated as we entered the canal, the sound of the rushing water echoing off of the mountains.

Several minutes later, we arrived at the dock. Men threw ropes to the ship, as people cheered and rejoiced loudly, as if they could not control their joy.

"What have we here?", asked a tall, red haired lass.

"My future wife.", said Augun blandly.

"Oh. I would have guessed that she was a servant from your lands.", retorted the woman.

I snickered at that and turned away from the townsfolk until it was our turn to unload the boat.

Shouts and screams filled the air as Augun exited the boat. He nodded his head as if encouraging the townsfolk to celebrate him more enthusiastically.

"Please, please! Celebrate my future wife as much as you celebrate me!", he yelled.

I did nothing of these comments nor did I show any signs of rebuking Augun, even though I did with strong- will.

We passed over dirt roads, as we saw the beautiful sights of wooden homes with grass roofs.

Eventually, we came to a larger, more sophisticated home, with a tidy yard and a dark, wooden door that led to the interior of the house.

"This is my home.", he whispered.

"What city are we in?", I asked.

"You shall learn such information elsewhere. I cannot have you sending for help at this stage of your life. For you are to marry me without a doubt.", he replied.

We walked into a large room with fireplaces in the two main walls to my left and right. Two large, throne like chairs sat on a risen, stone platform at the back of the room. Many tables decorated the floors as light peeked through the small windows.

"Enough tours.", he muttered.

Augun took me by my wrist and dragged me up the stairs and through the hall, to his bedchamber.

"Where do I sleep?", I asked groggily.

"With me.", he replied.

A sudden energy swept over me as I stumbled near the bedpost.

"I should not be surprised. After all, you are the rudest human being I have ever met.", I snapped.

"It is all about what you have done or what you want. 'I', 'I', 'I'!", he moved his fingers in a pinching motion.

"What about what I want?", he retorted.

Huh?; I thought.

"Goodness! You two are acting like a married couple already!", exclaimed a woman.

"Elga!", he said as he ran up to her to show her out of his room.

"Please, leave us be!", he pleaded.

"I have no desire to be left alone with you, a little, wrinkly, warty, grumpy, old, troll!", I mocked.

He snapped his fingers into his palm as he started towards me.

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment on my story! Bye!