Chapter Thirteen

"What is this?", asked their leader in an insulting tone. "Augun's soon to be wife.", said Dargess. "That will not happen if I kill you.", I said as I spat at their leader's feet. He laughed and drew closer to me. His breath stank of raw meat and onions. I drew back. "What? Am I scaring you?", he asked sarcastically.

"No."

"Am I ugly?"

"Yes."

"Why, I might just say that you have made me quite cross! What think you of that?", he asked sarcastically. "I care not how you feel....and you?", I replied.

"Oh, very much the same!", he said. I breathed a heavy sigh. "So what are you to do with me?", I asked. "I would rather endure it now than later. But beware, I can fight.", I warned. "Oh, I have ideas...but first, we shall see your skills.", he said with a smirk. And with that, he jerked me up and threw me in front of him. "Pull out your sword!", he demanded.

"What?"

"Do you want to live?", he asked. "Yes.", I replied. "Then pull out your sword!"

I did as he said and pulled my sword from my sheath. He immediately lunged towards me, and I ducked, sending him headfirst into a tree. He got up, rubbing his head with shock written on his face.

I smirked. "Oh! I am sorry! Tell me what I should have done!", I said sarcastically. He chuckled and got so close to me that his nose nearly touched mine. "Fight me.", he demands. "I was going to no matter what the circumstance.", I shifted in stance and he backed away.

"Augun has himself quite the bride.", he exclaimed as we clashed swords. "Psh! If I kill you, that will not happen.",I explained once more. "I know, but you will fall got me before you kill me."

"And why is that?", I asked as we drew our swords down. "Why, I'm charming, can't you see!", he said facetiously. "I see.", I snorted as we drew our swords back. "You seem kinder than what Augun speaks of you.", I observed.

"Oh, I'm not surprised. He lies. You seem very witty. Have you not noticed this?", he asked.

I looked down at the ground. Was he telling the truth? And if so, had I really not noticed it?

I was overwhelmed with a feeling of dread and confusion. Finally, I replied to their leader. "No."

A/N: Man! That took me a while to come up with!

And by forever, I mean forever (sorry guys)!  Don't forget to vote and comment! Bye!!!!