Chapter Eight

****************
     I woke up to the soothing "caw"of seagulls, as a warm piece of cloth was swiped across my forehead.

My eyes jumped up to see the ship aid above me, continuously dunking the cloth into hot water.

"Shhh, shhh, shhh. Stay still.", whispered the aid.

"What happened?", I asked

"Once I put the needle through your skin, you fainted. You were in and out of consciousness throughout the entire process.", she wiped my forehead once more and then pushed me forward.

"You should move around.", said the aid.

I put my arms behind me, forcing myself to sit up straight. Expectedly, I winced from the pain of my wound and fell back down on the bed.

"Now, now dear, allow me to help you.", she exclaimed.

"Thank you, um, um-", "My name is Katirina.", she interrupted. "Oh. Well, in that case, thank you Katirina.", I replied.

"Alright. Might there be anything that you do for the enjoyment of your own?", asked Katirina.

"I find sword fighting and archery quite exhilarating.", I motioned towards the chains on my dress,"As you can see.", I continued.

Katirina nodded and pushed me upward once more.

"You must do those things to make your healing process quicker and more delightful.", she pointed towards the door.

"You can walk over to the door, correct?"

"Surely, you will not force me to do so.", I barked.

"Augun! We have a feisty one!", yelled Katirina.

The sound of heavy footsteps filled the air until the heavy, wood door burst open. The Jarl stood in the threshold, his arms crossed.

"You will stand!", barked the Jarl.

"I should think not, Augun!", I retorted. I hoped that using his name would strike anger into his heart, showing him that I am not property belonging to him.

"You will call me Jarl for the time being!", he whispered harshly as he leaned down to meet my gaze.

"If I am to be your wife, I should think that I would know, and call you by your name!", I mocked, crossing my arms to copy his position.

"You belong to me! Whatever I tell you, you shall obey and beleive!", he snapped.

"We will see about that!"

A/N: I'm sorry that this chapter is so short. I have something big planned for the next few chapters! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me if you'd like!