Chapter Twelve

I had waited until it has grown dark and Augun and his men were asleep. I sat on the grass, watching the shimmering stars. I connected them to make beautiful pictures in my mind.

A sudden rustling in the trees startled me. I saw eyes glare at me through the brush. I gripped my dirk, my knuckles turning white. I took a slight breath before an arrow was shot from the trees. It flew by my face, leaving a scratch on my cheek.

I saw brown hair between the leaves and the same menacing smile that I had seen many times before but paid no mind to. "Dargess, go away!", I yelled. But as I said this, he burst front he trees and picked me up by the waist.
I threw myself off of him and dragged him to the ground, a crack of his bone splitting the air. But nevertheless, he picked me up again.

I kicked wildly and screamed but it was no use. He wouldn't let go.

He carried me through the forest, branches smacking me in the face and poking me on the eye. Dargess tied my feet. My muscles burned with longing to run and jump but it was concealed by a rope. One rope.

"Why are you doing this?", I asked him. "Orders.", he replied. "Why must you follow his orders? Why not follow ours? We are under the rule of a fair leader.", I said to him. He stopped for a minute, staring into blank space and then continued.

"Where are you taking me?", I asked as I banged on his back. "Away.", he said simply. After that, I asked no more questions. I lay on his shoulder, helpless and weak. Like a coward. I was a coward.

When we got to the camp, he set me to the ground beside the fire. I looked around curiously. But before I could look in the direction that I came from, somebody pulled my face towards them. And looking me straight in the eye, was the enemy leader.

***********
Augun's P.O.V.
     I searched our camp frantically for Lagertha. I called her name and searched in the trees but found no sign of her. All I found was a slight indent in the grass. It was the size of a body. I inferred that somebody had been laying there.

"Lagertha!", I called out one last time. I knew that she would not answer. Had she run away or was she captured? I asked myself.

Deep in my soul, I knew that she would not run away. She had plenty of chances to, but she did not. She seemed to trust us: something I had been waiting for since the day that I met her.

A/N: Trouble is brewing and it's about to get good!!!

I like this pic....Don't forget to vote and comment! Bye!!