Chapter Twenty-Five

"Augun?", asked Ben. "Yes.", Birger and I replied at the same time. "Do you know where he is?"

I could see the fear written on Ben's face. His muscles clenched tightly as if he was ready to run. An akward silence filled the room. "Well do you?"

Ben quickly slid out of the corner of the room and tried to burst out of the door. Birger raced towards him, wrapping his arms around Ben's middle and raising him in the air as he squealed and kicked. He set him down on the floor and stood guard at the door. "Don't move.", he ordered.

Ben looked fearfully at me and then at Birger. "He is going back to Norway. Arvid stole him."

"He stole him?", I asked. He nodded. "May I leave now?", he asked. "Yes."

Ben hobbled out of the room as Birger left the door and sat by me. "Are you any better? You need to prepare for battle soon.", he said once Ben had left the room. "I should be more able in one moon."

"Good, because we need you..."

I smirked and looked at his blushing face. "...to fight.", he tried to say smoothly as a quick recovery.

Birger cleared his throat and rubbed his hands together before pushing himself up off the bed. "I must go.", he whispered.

"Alright, but don't let Ben get away!", I mused. "I'll try.", he joked in return.

*****************
   One month later
I felt the salt water on my face as I leaned over the boat. The rushing water beneath me tied my stomach into a knot. Birger appeared behind me. I jumped back instinctively and fell back against him.

He locked his hands around my arms and pulled me up. "Pardon me.", he said, stifling a laugh. Brushing myself off, I turned to the water and forced myself to look down. "Thank you.", I told him. He nodded his head politely.

Suddenly, screams and shouts came from farther back on the ship. I did not dare too look back. "Stay here.", said Birger.

He trudged away, towards the deck. I knew what had happened. They had found land. They had found home.

Birger came back within minutes. "You stayed!", he exclaimed. "Are you surprised this time?", I asked. He shook his head and grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the deck, where familiar land was clearly straight ahead.

A/N: Hi, guys! I wanted to post some more chapters because u had kept you guys waiting for so long for the last chapter and I wanted to thank you all for being patient (sorry if this is a short chalter). I also want to thank those of you who have voted for my book in the Watty's on Twitter. For those of you who are new....I have entered my story in the Watty's so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE vote for me on twitter by tweeting.....

I nominate "Mixed Blood [#Wattys2016]" #MyWattysChoice

You guys can also increase my chances by voting and commenting on my story!! Thank you guys SOOOOO much!!!!!! Bye!!!!

P.S.: I found a comment that said "You are seriously underrated. I've read so many stories that are so cliche but yours is AWESOME!" And I just though about how all of my readers have been so loyal and supportive and I just want to thank you guys!!! Bye again!!!!