Chapter Two

The water crashed at Duke's hooves. White foam splashed at the bottom of my feet, the water tugging violently at my woolen dress.

I inhaled deeply, the scent of salt water stinging in my nose. "Home.", I whispered. "Yes, home. We will have none of that.", Augun joked. I snickered quietly, before hopping from Duke's back. "Shall we sail?", I asked as his men had begun to trail slowly behind us. "I do not see any other way to travel across this sea.", he explained as he stretched his hand out in front of him for extra emphasis.

"Very well.", I pulled gently on the lead rope, slowing down to join Dargess.

"Stay at least three-horse necks away from him!", ordered Augun.

I slid away from Dargess subtly so as to not anger Augun.

"I beleive that he is beginning to like you.", I whispered to Dargess. "What makes you say that?", he asked, slightly intrigued.

"Last time it was four-horse necks.", I joked sarcastically.

"Oh, really!", his eyes seemed to beam a positive "glow".

"Three-horse neck lengths away!", yelled Augun once more.

"Correct, correct!", I said jokingly as I put my hands in front of me. "Excuse me for a moment.", I said to Dargess, before stepping forward and sliding next to Augun.

"Why must you be so protective? I know that it is out of good intentions, hopefully, that you desire to keep me safe but please, let me be my own person.", I brought my hands behind my back and fiddled with the rough lead rope.

"Like I said before, we must find a way to keep all of these men from fancying you.", he explained while moving his hands towards Dargess and Birger.

"Oh! Do not worry. I am completely capable of doing such things on my own."

He chuckled at that and moved forward. "Then you should be completely capable of keeping up to my pace.", he joked.

"Yes.", I sped up to him and stopped, blocking his path. "I am."

He chuckled once more before moving from my path. "We shall board out horses there, in the stables."

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter. I MIGHT be changing the cover to Mixed Blood because somebody reported my story saying that it was in the wrong category. They changed it to Fanfiction, I'm assuming because Lagertga from Vikings and Lagertha in the story look alike. THAT WAS NOT INTENDED!!! She fit the description of the way I thought if her the best and I actually chose her name from a website that lists Norse female names. I found the picture for the cover and then my character's name second. I had NO idea that they were related until my friend had told me. I had made a very clear author's note in another chapter but apparently somebody wanted to report my story anyhow. I hope that it was not one of my readers! Don't forget to vote and comment! Love you all!! Bye!