The Park

Caroline POV

I go back downstairs after fixing my tears stained face, I just look at Matt's reaction because I bet it took a toll on him. He actually thought that she loved him. His reaction was saddening and yet almost expected. I kind of looked confused, but i walk in the kitchen and try to do something to entertain myself so I am just practicing some recipes. I hope Matt doesn't come in, I don't want to feel guilty because I said that his girlfriend is cheating on him even though it is true. I know it is selfish, well kind of, but I don't want him to get hurt by her anymore. I mean when he broke off the friendship we had, no romance or anything like that involved in our friendship we had like the same hobbies, and we were like brother and sister. I was stirring a bowl when someone walked in the kitchen.

Matt walked in here. Great.

"I'm sorry, for saying that, I just didn't know what to do or how to tell you. I just wanted you not to get hurt by her. No offence, but she is a super idiotic bitch."

"Well...it's alright. I know, I should of broken up with her when she cheated on me the second time. You're right, she is a stupid idiotic bitch." Matt said, calming and chucking at the last part of words.

"Remember that day we were all friends, but then the next day she went crazy."

"Totally. Remember when I was your taste tester for like the whole day." Matt said, smiling innocently.

"Yeah, I will let you test these as soon as they're done."

"Hey, how's your parents?" Matt said, questioning me. Well he knew but I told him not to go to the police till I was eighteen and yeah we weren't friends so that never really happened.

"Um, well they are in jail for life, for breaking and entering, child abuse, vandalism, and some others too."

"Well.....that's good." Matt said.

I reach down and put the tray of cookie dough in the oven.

"So how's your life going?"

"I am Youtuber and I am getting a masters in Computer Engineering." Matt said.

"Well, I am glad. What's your username?"

"It is Nooch or Mathew Nooch they are two different channels." Matt said.

"That's awesome. Well I have a YouTube as well. It is called ItsCaroline."

"We should record together after all you got better at video games." Matt said and smiled cheekily.

"Yeah, we should."

I went to check out my sugar cookie dough, to only see they had no brown and are still rising.

"Did Lily criticize you while I was gone?"

"Well if you count almost punching me than, yeah. Thankfully, Jerome had a good grip on her."Matt said.

"Yeah, Jerome almost always has a good grip on her, when she is by him."

We left a comfortable silence as I got the cookies out, for everyone to taste test, Matt is going to go first though. Sorry people, but he is the first taste tester in my book that lived. When he is not here, then my other taste testers will be testing them. We all get one each.

I am going for a jog because I haven't gone on one for a while. I just want to make a letter first.

Dear Everyone in this household at this time,

Hey guys, I am going for a jog. I just want you to know I am not upset or mad at anyone. I just thought I need to get some fresh air. So yeah, I hope to be back in an hour or so. I will have my phone on me so text me if there is an emergency.

Love,
Caroline <3

I put the not on the kitchen counter as I go outside. I begin to jog, to the nearby park. I have to cross the road to get on the block the park was on. I successfully crossed it. I jogged around the park making sure my time is good. My legs started to hurt a little so I decided to walk home. I got to the cross walk and start crossing then all a sudden a car came out of nowhere and hit me.

I fell towards the hard concrete, protecting my head as best I could. I heard the car go farther away, as if it intended to go there all along. I reached for my phone. My arm hurts like hell. So I didn't get to far. I heard no noise because it is getting dark and everyone already left. I try to sit up but all the pain is dragging me not to do that. I at least try to get other people's attention. That ain't happening. My voice is dry and it feels like I have something in my throat that is preventing me to speak.

It is an hour of me outside. Someone please come. I reach for my phone like I am invincible to pain. I grabbed it out. I set it on my lap I first call an ambulance. Then, Mitch.

"Hello Caroline where are you?" Mitch said.

"M-mi-tch, I-I a-am h-hu-rt. I-I ca-ll-ed a-a am-bul-an-ce."

"Where are you?" Mitch asked, worried.

"P-pa-rk. Cr-os-s-wa-lk."

"I am coming to you have your flashlight on." Mitch said and hanged up.

I turned on my flashlight. Mitch came to me less than a minute later. The ambulance sirens were getting louder. My brain can hardly function, anymore. The firemen put me on a stretcher while Mitch got to ride with me in the back. They kept on asking me questions. I tried to answer them.

"How did this happen?" One firemen asked.

"A-a c-car h-hit m-me."

"When did this happen?" Another firemen asked.

"A-abou-t a-an ho-hour a-ago."

You know it would be smart to just entertain me to stay awake, because literally I can't do anything mostly because of my body is in to much pain that if I move I will probably pass out from shock.

"Name at least 5 hockey teams."

"Pit-ts-bur-gh Pe-n-gu-in-s, Chi-ca-go Bla-ck-ha-wks, Min-ne-so-da Wi-ld, Sa-int Lo-u-is Bl-ue-s, Bos-to-n Br-u-ins, Ne-w Yo-rk Ra-ng-er-s, An-ahe-im Du-ck, Mo-n-tre-al Ca-an-dian-s, Ari-z-ona Coyo-tes, Buffalo Sabres, Calgary Flames, Carolina Hurricanes, Colorado Avalanche, Columbus Blue Jackets, Dallas Stars, Detroit Red Wings, Edmonton Oilers, Florida Panthers, Los Angeles Kings, Nashville Predators, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, Ottawa Senators, Philadelphia Flyers, San Jose Sharks, Tampa Bay Lightning, Toronto Maple Leafs, Vancouver Canucks, Washington Captals, and Winnipeg Jets." (Okay I am too lazy but she stuttered all the rest after Arizona Coyotes. Please be okay with it and Thanks.)

I bet they are wondering how a girl that is super frail know all the hockey teams.

"Th-e ne-xt g-am-e f-or t-he ca-na-dia-ns is I-in th-ree d-days. Th-ey a-re pl-ay-in-g ag-ai-nst the-e Ca-pi-tal-s." (That is actually true for your Canadians Hockey lovers and your Capitals Hockey lovers. They play on December 26.)

Then we finally got to the hospital.

~**Writer**~

Hey guys, so yeah. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sad to say it is almost over. I mean about 5 chapters left or so.
PEACE OUT!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS🌲☃🌨❄️🏒🎀