BEGINNING

Please support by clicking the star at the bottom of your screen and by commenting.

Warning:

I have to be honest with you guys, I don't know shit about leukemia, I just know its cancer. So let's make a deal, forget the science shit and just put in mind she is sick and after six months she needs surgery, it isn't that hard right? Great.

Now, Please no coping, it is not cool and you would be reported if you do, so just don't. It is simple and clear. This book is totally from my brain, so any relation to an event, place, story, is simply coincidental....

If you see any grammatical or spelling error, kindly comment, rude comments are not allowed. I wrote this story when I was 13, so please bear with me.

~~~

Hand of God - Jon Bellion

Chapter edited by @ticktockthyme666

~~~~~~~

"Jane?" The door swings open, I'm sure that Aunt Lydia and Mom are done arguing about the recent piece of news, Dr. Parker, or as I call her, Aunt Lydia, came back with the test she ran. The one that shows the leukemia is back.

Not to make you guys confused I should tell you a little about myself, I am Jane Parker and I am 17 years of age.

I live with my mom (Veronica Parker) and my little brother (Chase Parker), if you are wondering where my dad is, well the answer is simple "I don't know" my dad left us when I was 8 at the same time I was diagnosed with leukemia (it is a cancer of the bone marrow and the body's forming tissues).  

I turned to their direction, the sun shining on Aunt Lydia's hair,  glinting brown a color that we shared.

But my brother took after my dad's black hair and hazel eyes.

I focused on the current situation, which is I can't go through chemotherapy again. I just can't.

As my mum was done with her argument, she slowly walks towards my direction with tears almost escaping her eyes, she cups my cheeks with her soft hands.

"Are you okay dear?" she asks, with pity in ocean blue eyes, same as mine, I remember that look. She gave me that look 7 years ago. I hate that look.

"I'm fine mom ", I answered. Trying to assure her that there is nothing to worry about.

"Are you sure?" looking deep into my eyes, I on the other hand getting frustrated.

"Mum, I said I am fine!" My voice coming out louder than intended, Immediately I could see she was hurt with my outburst.

"I am sorry mum, I just get tired of those words," I said in regret, she nods understanding.

"Can you get me a cup of coffee?" I asked.

"Of course dear " she turns and leaves the ward,I turn to my aunt who has been watching.

" How long do I have left" I muttered in a low tone, my aunt comes closer giving me a weak smile.

"You are not going to die, I am not going to let you die" trying to avoid her gaze.

"That ship sailed 7 years ago," I said trying hard to fight back the incoming tear.

"You are not going to die" still trying to convince me.

"If I jump down a building, I am positive I die," I said trying to be sarcastic, my aunt on the other hand not finding it funny.

"I am just kidding, I am many things but I am not suicidal, " trying to clarify things.

"I understand what you are going through", she mutters suddenly the tears start spilling.

"No! No one of you understands what I am going through, I hate this life," I said frustrated, my aunt holds my hands. I hate this feeling.

"Don't talk like that." still curious about the question I asked earlier.

"How long do I have left?" I asked.

"About 6 months, well at least " she mutters, I cleaned my face, I took a long look at the book which has been with me since I started the blood tests early this morning. What's the use of reading? It's not like I'm gonna achieve what I want to achieve. I'm gonna die soon.

I picked it dumping it in the trash bin, I noticed the surprised look on my Aunt's face. Well, I'm shocked that I did that too. My books are my best friends well, Freya too. Anyways, it's my comfort zone, but it isn't anymore.

If you were guessing, well you guessed right, I am the school's nerd, I sent a fake smile towards my aunt's direction.

My mum enters with a coffee in her hand.

"Your coffee." I sent another fake smile to her also.

I can't believe my leukemia is back. Cancer has taken 3 years of my life I wouldn't let it take any longer.

"It time to live like a normal 17-year-old teenager, no longer the school's nerd".

~~~~~

What do you about this chapter?

Help your girl by

Voting
Commenting
Sharing