Chosen

Kai bit his lip. "Why are you doing this?" he sighed looking at the unknown man, awaiting his answer. "You're right. I'm being a little too cruel aren't I? Making you chose between your girlfriend and your ex." Kai frowned. "You really shouldn't be so trusting" the man sneered in his face, "The worlds a dangerous place." Kai looked as if he was going to cry. He couldn't do this to either of them. Even though him and (y/n) are basically strangers now that didn't mean he didn't care for her. She was the ninja of (element), and he trained her.

Their kidnapper groaned in frustration. "I need an answer Kai, or they are both dead."
Kai's eye widened. He panicked.
"Just give me five minutes to think about it please."
"Fine."

Kai sighed. He wanted to pick Skylor but then (y/n) would have to be pushed off the cliff. If he chose (y/n) he'd have to basically blow up his girlfriend. The decision was a hard one and he couldn't bring himself to one person, but one part of his brain knew who he was going to chose.
(Y/n) going of the cliff= Some chance of Survival. Skylor being blown up= No survival. "Times up." The man said. "What is your answer?"

Kai paused and bit his lip. "I'm sorry (y/n). I really am, but I chose my girlfriend. I chose Skylor." (Y/n) sighed as a few tears went down her cheeks. "That isn't a surprise. Why can't we just start over? Can't you love me like you used to?"
He looked at her and sighed.
"I don't think I ever loved you." The man smirked and snickered. "Well you know what you got to do. Push (y/n) off the cliff." Kai nodded sadly. "I'm talking to her first." The man agreed.

Kai slowly walked over to a (y/n) who was looking over the edge, crying. He put a hand on her shoulder. "It pains me.." (y/n) flinches and shoves him away. "You don't know pain until your staring at yourself in the mirror with tears streaming down your face and your begging yourself to hold on and be strong. That's pain." She glared, as tears began to stream once again. "You know...I always thought you'd be the one to save me. Not the one that pushes me off the edge."

Kai was speechless. He didn't know what to say. Her heart was really broken. And yet, she was still able to move on. He didn't want to do this, but he had to save Skylor. "(Y/n) I love her a lot. I have to save my girlfriend. No matter the measures. I'm sorry so so sorry. I fell in love with her, it came so fast and so hard." (y/n) looked at him sincerely. "It's okay you don't have to love me." Kai began to try and speak again but she cut him off once again. "You fell for this beautiful girl, who was so much more pretty. She was smart. She was funny. She was brave. She had a past that wasn't all that lovely, yet she still put a smile on her face and never looked back. She was lionhearted girl and as much as she liked to say she didn't deserve him, you often felt it was the other way around." (Y/n) said. "She was everything I wasn't. And... and....It's okay. I understand. She's skinnier. She's funnier. She's prettier. Don't worry. I wouldn't chose me either."

Kai took breaths as he teared up. His eyes were a glassy pink. She spoke so ill of herself. He never realized how low her self-esteem was. He felt so badly about what he was doing. He felt it so right and so so so wrong at the same time. He was so confused and so sad. All he had to do was push her off, yet he could not bring himself to it. It was quick and painless for him, but it wasn't painless. They were best friends and at one point boyfriend, girlfriend. So many good and bad memories were to be gone in a flash. Tears began to flood down his cheeks.
"(y/n)....I..I can't do this."

(Y/n) smiled weakly as her own tears flooded her face. "You don't have too..." Kai looked at her confused wiping some of his tears. "W-what do you mean? I do have to. In order to keep Skylor safe."
(Y/n) shook her head. "I'm going to jump myself there's no point in living, because I don't have you in my life. Why not just end it myself." And at that moment he saw the life leave her beautiful eyes, even if she was not dead..... "No (y/n) let me figure out a plan. W-We can fake your death." She shook her head and cupped his cheeks wiping his tears. "I can't lose you again. I can't not again. I'm not strong enough. I give you my heart. It may be broken and bent and scared. and It may not be much, but it's yours. And I will alway always always love you. Don't forget to remember me."

Kai shook his head. "Don't do this.. I may not love you but that doesn't mean I don't care about you. I can't let you kill yourself. I'm sorry I brought you to this." (y/n) paused. "Sorry isn't going to fix this. I want you to know I really didn't cheat on you. I made a promise to myself after I was cheated on. I vowed to never do that to someone. And I told you about this. And apparently, my 'best friend' was not listening.." (y/n) stopped speaking and looked over the edge of the cliff. She took a breath and looked at Kai one last time. And for a long moment she never spoke, never made a sound, but the look in her eyes told him exactly what was going to happen. "(Y/n) NO!!"

"Don't forget me." She whispered.
That was the last thing she said before she jumped.

Well... there you go and NO THIS ISN'T THE END. I promise you. I hope you like it and I'll update more due to summer break in four days.