Recovery

This chapter is dedicated to Jessica. She is one of the bravest, strongest girls that I know. Send nothing but love to this beautiful girl. 💗 shortycrystalninja NinjagoAngelJess

It's been a few weeks since (y/n)'s attempted suicide. Skylor was no where to be found. Yet, all was peaceful for most of the ninja. All but the (element) ninja, she had been in and out of therapy. Everyone saw her as the depressed, useless ninja. Luckily, she didn't think so. She payed no attention to their insults. Kai told her she was bravest girl he'd known, and that's the only opinion that mattered to her.

(Y/n) walked into the bounty blowing a piece of hair out of her face. She just had came back from a group therapy session. She was so tired of all of this. So tired of being treated as "fragile." She wasn't. Things were different and she's stronger now.

Kai walked in. His shirt off. His abs and face drenched in sweat. (Y/n) did her best not to blush.

Kai took the towel in his hand patting the sweat off his face with it. He cheeks were still rosy red with heat. His forehead beaded with a bit of sweat. It was hot, but he didn't feel the same. So she kept it too herself. "Hey." She said with exhaustion present in her tone of voice. Kai gave her his famous Snow White smile. "Hey, you seem tired?" He said placing a shirt on. She simply nodded trying to keep herself from screaming at him for putting a shirt on. Kai hugged her, his scent filled with sweat. (Y/n) hugged back, her head laying on his shoulder. "I know it's hard (nickname), but you are strong and you've been to hell and back. Nothing can shake you anymore and if something does. I'm here." Kai said kissing her on the top of the head. "Thank you." She replied

Cole rolled his eyes and she plopped onto the couch. "Get off my sister Kai." Kai blushed and pulled away from the hug. "Sorry Cole..." He rolled his eyes. "Sure you are." (Y/n) giggled cutely, her hair slightly falling over her left eye. Her nose scrunched and her eyes were bright with joy. Kai just stared at her.

Sure he didn't know where his feelings for her stood, but he couldn't deny how beautiful she was. (Y/n) was his first best friend. His first genuine girlfriend. His first suicidal friend. His first friend to completely start over with. She was his everything and yet. His heart didn't know if he loved her that way. He was confused. He was torn. Kai shook his head and looked at her. "How are you feeling today?" He asked.

(Y/n) had many physical injuries she was also trying to recover from. She had a deep gash in the side of her head that required 10 stitches. She broke a hip bone. Was impaled and scratched by rocks and branches. And many more. It was a miracle she survived.

She shrugged. "I feel fine. Just sore, but I think I'll feel that for the rest of my life." Kai smiled in sadness. "I'm fine Kai really."
"I know you are. I just wish I would've jumped off that cliff instead of you."
"The past is behind us. Now let's all recover from this incident okay?."
"Okay." He replied.

(Y/n) went and sat on the couch. She was hurting pretty badly, physically, but she didn't want to worry Kai. He always focused on her needs and not his own and she didn't want that.

The incident had been a pretty big life changer for the both of them. Their friendship was on rewind. She was now focused on being a ninja. Kai was less focused on girls and more focused on his friends and family. He changed. He never thought about himself. He never told anyone his needs. It was always everyone's ahead of his. He was better then ever.

They both had to recover in some way.
For (y/n) it was a more obvious need to recover. Her mental and physical state.

For Kai. It was a turning point in his life. He realized how egotistic he became after his break up with (y/n) that day long ago. He had to change himself. He had to apologize to everyone he hurt, and lied too. He had a change of character and now he was still trying to recover from the bad part of his character.

Recovery had to go through everyone, it was big news to hear the drama that happened between them all. They were left in the dark. They had to deal with the guilt of the not caring enough not to notice.

Luckily, they were all closer then ever. Now they wouldn't let secrets get the best of them. They were the ninja of Ninjago. They were a team. And finally they were going to act like one.

Hey, hey, hey! Finally an update and I know it's not the best. It was kinda a filler I'm trying to decide what to do next in this book, tell me if you have any ideas and I may incorporate them. Hopefully I can figure it out soon :)

Ps, if anyone want RP (Ninjago or Young Justice) feel free to Message me. :)

Updated: Love Will Win
Next: Rise of the Spidri

Till next time,

PEACE ✌️