Miss. Misunderstood

It has been a few weeks since Robin and (y/n) became friends again. And (y/n) considers him one of her best, well aside from Kai of course.
--
As time ticked by, (y/n) started to worry more and more about her boyfriend. It had been almost two months since she last heard from the ninja, and Kai.

She paced along her corridors inside 'Steep Wisdom'. Her thoughts were hazed by memories and bad scenarios playing over and over again.

"Get a grip (y/n)! Calm down nothing happened. They are just saving the world and everything will work out."

She sighed plopping down into her couch. Getting out her phone she dialed Kai's number.

"Hey it's Kai, leave me a message."

(Y/n) frowned throwing her phone across the room.

"I am so worried about you Kai."

She continued to move restlessly around the shop. A ringing of a bell came to the shop as (y/n) rushed into the main room.

Hope filling her expression. When she reached her destination she frown but smiled slightly again.

"Hey Robin." she said dully, blowing a strand of hair out of her face.

"Oh, I see how it is. You thought that I was you're boyfriend didn't you?" Robin chuckled, pretending to be hurt.

"Oh boo who"she laughed "but yes I thought you were Kai."

"You mean you're prince." Robin laughed, smirking at her.

"Haha very funny Robin. He's the same person. I just miss him so much and I am worried that they are...he is...hurt or worse and ugg.. I can't seem to get him off my mind. All I think about is him. I miss his gentle hugs and kisses. His jokes, his laugh. Him. I wish he were here, or I wish I could at least know he is okay. "

Robin rolled his eyes listening to the lovestruck teen, but it made him happy knowing she was happy and in love with him. He knew she had a good boyfriend and he was glad she did. He cared for her.

"He is fine. I am sure of it. Those ghosts were a big threat and it might take some time to do all these things. Be patient."

"Pftt...Me? Patient? You're funny.
I am not I repeat not patient."

He laughed along with (y/n).

"I guess I should know that by now. Shouldn't I?" He said laughing once again. "Yes you should." she teased in return also laughing.

Robin smiled and so did (y/n). Looking at her in the eyes. He seemed to get lost in them. He was searching for something in them but he didn't know. He seemed to look right into her. And for a moment he felt as if he still loved her after all this time. He just had kept it hidden and denied it to himself. And in that moment he knew, oh how he knew he truly still had feelings for her. Robin started to lean in...

"Robin what are y-"

She was cut off when his lips were against hers. She was so confused, ad frozen. She didn't kiss back nor pull away. She was just in complete, sheer and utter confusion. Why had he kissed her?

Coming back to all reality she shoved him away, quickly. She tried to comprehend what had happened...

"Did you just..." (y/n) became a pure white.

She started to shake as her heart completely dropped. She couldn't believe it. It couldn't be happening. This was her very worst nightmare that she had wished that would never ever come true.

"H-How long have you been standing there?" (Y/n) asked an angry male standing at the entrance of 'Steep Wisdom'.

"Longer than you'd like.." Kai sighed as he crossed his arms stomping his foot impatiently.

(Y/n)'s heart completely shattered.

"Look Kai it's not what it looks like just....let me explain Please." she hollered as tears threatened to spill from her once bright (e/c) eyes.

"Fine, explain." Kai growled, as his green eyes glared at her.

"Robin kissed me, I didn't kiss him! I was shocked, I didn't know what to do and I didn't kiss back, I swear! Even ask Robin!" She squeaked as her eyes watered.

"It's true Kai." he sighed "I don't know what got into me. I kissed her and she did nothing. Don't be mad at her."

Kai waited for a moment, taking deep breath every so often before saying "Robin I need you to leave, this is between (y/n) and I."

"Yeah I understand.." He said running out of the shop and far away.

(Y/n) cut in shortly after he had left. "please, please, please believe me Kai. I am telling the truth I promise."

"I want to believe you. I do. Robin he is a player, so why was he here in the first place explain that! He hurt you!" He yelled angrily.

"He apologized and told me the truth about what really happened. He just wanted to be friends nothing more or less!"

"Uh-huh nothing more!"

"I swear Kai I didn't know he would do that"

Kai huffed turning away from her. He wanted to believe her. He really did, but her story didn't seem right to him.

"Look I know you are upset with me and don't believe me. But we have to work together on this one." (y/n) spoke in a soft yet sweet shaky tone.

He groaned in annoyance, shattering her heart once again. She couldn't believe this was actually happening and neither could he. His eyes glassy and kinda pink from the tears he was holding back from falling.

"But it's more than 'being upset with you.' What you did? You betrayed my trust. How do I know you won't do something like that when I'm gone and you're bored."

"I wasn't bored nor lonely. I was waiting for you to return and he came. I wouldn't hurt you like that intentionally."

"And what if you did?"

She paused letting a quiet tear go down her cheek.

"Then, I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

Kai stiffened. His eyes couldn't seem to look at her anymore. It all hurt to much. He was pretty positive that he knew she was lying.

"(Y/n) I don't believe you. Your story, Robin. It all just doesn't seem to add up. And that's where you and I are different. Look I can forgive strangers. I don't know them. There is no level of trust, no relationship being violated. It's girls like you I have a rough time with. I trusted you. I knew you. We told each other everything. And you purposefully betrayed me. That's the person I have a problem with. That's the person I can't forgive. You and I? We're done."

Her tears soon fell all at once coming one after another after another.

"Please Kai, you are getting this all wrong. I am not lying. I love you too much to do that to you. Please I didn't do this." She said falling to her knees she cover her face bawling into her hands. The salty rivers never seemed to cease.

"(Y/n) It all doesn't make sense. You cheated on me! After a I promised and gave to you. I gave you all of me and you shredded it like it meant nothing to you. You let me love you. And so love I did. I dove deep into your melancholy soul and was consumed by the hate, yoou scorched on to your charcoal heart. And I took you. And I mended your bones. And what was once a sad broken girl, in turn created a sad broken boy. You let me love. And so did I. Darling, I put time and effort to patch what was torn. To kiss your scars. I swore to never leave. You did too. You broke that promise. You pushed me, and I fell, I collapsed a sad boy. Now so lost, over a recovered girl. Who in return broke and tossed everything away to start fresh, but fresh is not always new. You will always be the same broken you."

"Please Kai, no. I love you please...I didn't cheat on you."
(Y/n) said in a scratchy voice. Tear freely stream down her face still as she looked him in the eyes.

"I said we are done (y/n). And I meant it."

Plot twist. I'm sorry so sorry, but I was literally crying when writing this.... I hope you understand it will only get better from this.

And the italicized letters is a poem I found from somewhere and I used it so yeah not my words.