Gaster X Reader

((SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG TO MAKE AGA
ALSO I KNOW HE TALKS IN WING DINGS OR WHATEVER BUT IMMA MAKE HIM TALK NORMALLY.))

"Have you heard of the man who speaks in hands?"
"In the underground they say he was once a scientist!"
"Didn't a legend once say he had two sons?"
"He died in his own invention they say."
I could hear people rambling on and on about a certain someone. I wasn't curious enough to ask who. If anything, this whole thing annoyed me. It all started after Asriel said his dad had a royal scientist before Alphys. He said a name, which I didn't hear, and then refused to tell anymore. Asriel was just as annoyed as I was with the situation...
I was walking home from school with him today, since he seemed upset... "You alright?" I asked, tilting my head to the side slightly. "Do I look alright?" He asked and I shook my head. Asriel let out a sigh. "I didn't know that telling everyone that would start this whole thing. Your the only one who isn't swallowing me in questions...." Asriel mumbled. "I'm sure it will pass. You just have to put up with it for a while." I said with a shrug. He nodded sadly. "I know....how did everyone figure out so much about him?"
"They got it from this one website...some people from the underground are believed to have posted it." I said. I had looked up the website yesterday. It was really weird.... "Ugh...stupid stupid stupid..." Asriel muttered to himself.
((TIME SKIP))

I woke up the next day. It was the weekend, luckily. I was texting Sans. I asked him who everyone was talking about, he said he didn't know what I was talking about. He's probably too lazy to even care, huh? Anyways, today I decided to go and visit the underground, see what it was like. Of course it was empty, but I had always wanted to see what it was like down there. Plus, Sans promised to give me a tour. So it's a win win! I was all prepared, so I began to walk outside when I noticed Alphys outside my house.
"Oh, hey Alphys!" I said happily. She looked more nervous than usual. "Hm...? Alphys...? Are you alright?" I asked before she could respond. "H-hm?! O-O-Of course I'm fine...! H-heh..!" She responded. Before I could say anything, she began to run away. "I gotta go...! B-bye...!" She sputtered as she fled. Oh well....

I found Sans, and we were off. On the way there, he talked about his brother. How cute...Sans must really love his brother a lot. "Well, here we are." Sans said and pointed to an opening in a mountain. "This took a while to get to..." I mumbled with a chuckle. We sent down a rope, and began to climb down it.
Sans showed me all the places. Besides the air not being very fresh, it all looked so cool. So far, I had seen Snowdin and the Ruins. He talked about all of the memories he had here. He took are of Papyrus when he was tiny. He said he forgot who had taken care of him. I still can't believe Frisk saved all of them from here. "Hey kid, go on ahead. I'll catch up to you." Sans said and walked off. As I walked through the waterfall area, I noticed a white door.
"Sans didn't mention this..."
I guess my curiosity got the best of me, cause I ended up walking inside.
I looked around to see a weird looking, tall man. He was a bit weird....his color palette consisted of gray, white, and black. Very dark colors....he was unlike any monster I had seen. Maybe he was a skeleton...? I raised an awkward hand as to wave. "Uhm...hello...! Sorry to b-bother you....! I was just looking around....I thought everyone left the underground." I said with a nervous laugh. He looked over at me in surprise. "Wha...?! Are you...? It can't be...." He mumbled in surprise and hurried over to me.
"...a human...?" He said as he poked my cheek. I was a little bit nervous... "Uh, yeah..." I said with a nod. "Oh....oh my....I haven't seen a human since....never mind that....you must leave!" He insisted as began to push me out the door. "W-wait...!" I shouted but it was too late.
I tried to get back in, but the door was gone.... "(Your name)?" I heard Sans call out. Oh well....I guess I'll see him later. I ran over to Sans. "Hey!" I said and we walked off to go explore the rest of the underground.
Sans had no idea who I was talking about. He seemed nervous while talking about the subject, which raised some flags. But I couldn't get anything out of him in the end. I walked back home, but the next day and went back to the underground. The door was there again. I rushed inside. I'm starting to question why I'm suddenly so interested in him....
"Hm...? What are you doing back here?!" He sputtered. "Oh! Your here! I was just-!" "Don't bother asking m-me about Gaster...! C-cause I don't know anything! Just go away!" He protested and glanced around nervously. "Gaster...?" I asked, puzzled. "Oh....your not here to ask me about...uh...him?" He asked and I shook my head. "Nope." I replied plainly. "Then...?"
"I was just curious as to who you were. I've never heard of you, and you seemed lonely here...." I said. "It's best you just forget about me...."
"Nonsense. Now please, would you tell me who you are?"
"You can just call me...u-um...W.D."
I was surprised at this response. Well, I guess everyone here does have quirky names. "W.D...nice to meet you! I'm (Your name)!" I said happily, and held out my hand. He grabbed it and shook it very gently, as if he thought he might hurt me. I noticed holes in the palms of his hands...I decided not to mention them. He might get offended. "I haven't talked to anyone in a while so, this is a pleasant surprise." W.D. said with a smile. He seemed more comfortable around me.
(TIME SKIP)

I came back the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that. Each day, he always seemed to get happier as he saw me. Like he didn't expect me to come today, but was glad I did. Suddenly, I grew attached to him. It had only been a week...but I felt like I had known him forever.
It was Monday again, but as I came to the underground, I noticed that Alphys was down there. "Hm? Oh hey Alph-"
"P-please don't talk, just listen..." Alphys said nervously. "Your here to see Gaster, r-right?" She asked. "Gaster...? I'm here to see W.D." I explained. "W.D. Gaster. That's his name." She said. "Asgore's last scientists. Listen, p-please stop talking to him....he's supposed to be dead. He's not supposed to be here." She demanded, her voice shaky. I didn't understand, I couldn't understand....
"W-What are you talking about? Last scientist?! Dead?! This makes no sense...!" I sputtered. "Look, just, stay away from him! I don't want to lose you! O-oh God, I wasn't supposed to say that...." She said and just like that, was gone.

I told Gaster what had happened. He listened carefully. "...look. She's right. I knew it was wrong to talk to you..."
"...w...what...?"
"I can't do this....I can't lose you either....she's right. I was aware of my situation, yet still put you in danger..."
"G...Gaster...! Hold on...!"
"You might disappear to. I was just so lonely...and I put you in risk....look, don't come back after this. This is our last."
"What?! Gaster! Please slow down! I don't understand!" I yelled, tears streaming down my cheeks by now. "I'm supposed to be dead! If I talk to you, you'll disappear to! If I explain too much, bad things will happen! Now listen to me! Please, don't come back here." He said and began to push me out of the room. "Gaster...! Please...!"
"LEAVE!" He barked, and managed to push me out of the door. That was the last time I saw him.

I tried over and over. His door was not there. Days, weeks, months, and still no door. I wanted to see him so badly....I pretended I was fine. But I did talk to Alphys about my problem. She was the only one I could vent to. She said it was unhealthy to keep this up, but I kept checking if his door was there anyways. I always wonder how he's doing. I really miss him.
I wish I could've told him how I felt.
But I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
I wonder how things would have been if I told him.