Papyrus X Mettaton (different plot!)

((Sorry I shut down the requests! I wanted to make room so I could start a new One Shots book for Fire Emblem! I really really really have been wanting to do this so I wanted to make room for it! I'm so sorry if you've been waiting forever for your one shot request to be done ;-; this was technically requested by @EqualLove1221 since they said they wanted more Papyton ))

((METTATON'S POV))

It was beginning to dawn on me that this homework assignment might never get done. It's way to hard I'm not even the slightest bit confident about any of the answers! How annoying. I felt like a blind bat when it came to doing math.

And you'd think having a tutor would help.

Papyrus was a tutor my teacher had assigned to help me out. My teacher did this to "help" our class get higher grades. But in reality, the teacher was just labeling out who was smart and who wasn't.

I knew I wasn't smart and I'm pretty sure everyone else does too, but I don't think this is the right way to tell everyone how stupid they really are.

So, our teacher assigned really smart kids/monsters to help out the less smarter kids, such as myself. Papyrus was picked to be my partner. Of course I had seen Papyrus before in the underground, but we never really had a full on conversation down there. In fact, I don't even think we even said a word to each other in the underground.

I guess that was about to change. Instead of the tutor making me feel smarter and more educated, it only made me feel dumb and embarrassed at my lack of mathematical skills.

Papyrus really was a nice guy, and a great tutor too! Heck, he could get a job as one! But this was my classmate, so things felt...different. He seemed so smart and I seemed so stupid. His explanations made sense yet I still managed to fail.

I felt embarrassed that he knew how stupid I was. Every question, despite how long he would explain how to do the problem, I would get wrong. And he made it seem so easy.

I decided to leave my homework at home in order to have some sort of excuse for not having my homework today. It would take too long at this point to get it done, and I needed to get to school fast.

I walked out of my house and grabbed my backpack. I headed towards the tall school building, and walked there since it wasn't that far away. I arrived there very fast and ran to my classroom before the bell rung.

Sometimes I'm lucky and the teacher doesn't say for the tutors to help out, but it's rare.

Of course, today I had to be unlucky....

"Alright class," the teacher started and looked through piles of papers, "I'm having a bit of a dilemma here, so while I'm trying to patch things up, why don't the tutors go around and begin to help everyone out?"

Oh no.

My heart started to beat fast and I could feel myself become nervous. I saw Papyrus stand up and walk towards me, a bright smile planted on his cute face. I looked down at my feet to avoid eye contact.

"Hello Mettaton!" Papyrus chirped, happier than ever. "Ah, hello darling...." I said weakly and looked off to the side. "Well, shall we begin?" He asked and pulled out his math book.

"Y...yeah....I guess so..." I mumbled and pulled out my math book as well. As he began explaining the lesson, I found myself dozing off more and more, until I found myself looking straight into where the skeleton's eyes were supposed to be. (Since skeletons don't have eyes)

Papyrus, of course, took notice of this and I noticed a light pink blush spread across his face. "Hm? Mettaton? Why are you looking at the Great Papyrus's face?" He asked and felt his face to see if any scrapes of food or anything was on it.