Underfell Sans X Sans (part 2)

((Okay, so I made the book about Grillby! But uh, I'm kinda out of ideas •_• nothing to fear! I just need to find the right inspiration. Ill probably write a full on fanfic on Napstablook too! But if I wanna do that on here, it would take a while. ILL DECIDE WHAT TO DO LATER SO ENJOY))

((SANS'S POV))
I slowly opened my eyes, surprised to see my other self...not there?! I sat up straight and looked around, but it wasn't long until I saw him standing before me, wearing my clothes. "Hey! Check it out!" He said with a devilish grin. He spun around to give me the full view of how he looked. "I look EXACTLY like you! Well, besides the golden tooth and red eyes. Heh." He chuckled. I felt angry he was wearing my clothes, but....at the same time, I felt calm. He looked pretty good in my clothes.
"Good morning you tw-!"
Me and my other self turned our head at the same time to see Papyrus, he jaw wide open. "W-well, urm....which o-one of you is real one?!" He asked frantically. "It's absolutely me." The other me said. "No! He has red eyes, Papy. He was just trying on my clothes. I'm the real one." I said and he grinned at me. "But don't I look better in your clothes than you do~?" He taunted. "O-okay, well, breakfast is ready!" Papyrus stated happily and walked out of the room, seeming to still be questioning who was who. I started to walk after him, when I saw the surprised look on my other self's face. "Aren't you coming?" I asked. "B...breakfast...?" He asked, looking at me as if he didn't believe what was said.
"Your brother makes you...breakfast?" He asked and I nodded. "Yeah...what's weird about that?" I questioned. "Why...why does he make you breakfast?! Why doesn't he push you off your bed in the morning and tell you to make it yourself?! Why is he so nice to you...?!" He snarled, his eyes glowing red. I took a few steps back in surprise. "What did you do to make him so...nice..?!" His voice was shaky now. How cruel was his brother...? "Nothing....I don't even deserve Papy, to be honest..." I said with a chuckle. "Looks like your brother...really mistreats you, huh?"
I asked softly, and he looked away. "I love my brother, don't get me wrong, but....I just wish he would acknowledge how hard I try. I wish he was nice, like your brother." He said and began to walk out the door with me. I nodded, understanding what he was getting at. "But he had to be cruel to get to where he is now. The head of the royal guard..." My eyes widened in surprise at the mention of the royal guard. "Your brother is the head of the royal guard...?! My bro has always dreamed of getting there...."
"Haha! You think someone as sweet as your brother could ever make it there?!" He laughed. As we approached the stairs, I stopped walking. My eye flickered blue and I frowned at him. He gave me a look of confusion.
"My brother...my brother can make it to the royal guard...! Why does he have to be cruel...?! He's probably twice as strong as your brother!" I snapped in defense. He seemed upset at what I said. "Papyrus is really fucking strong....he could beat anyone...! But, when he sees someone who he can't bring himself to defeat, he spares them. Because of that, Undyne doesn't let him join....but don't you dare crush his dream! It's what drives him to keep going!" I said angrily. I turned towards the stairs and walked down them angrily.

((UNDERFELL SANS'S POV))
I was going to say something about Papyrus not being nearly as strong as my brother, but why would I defend him after the abuse he put me through? Why bother? Plus, it's not a fact that's he's stronger or not, and I didn't want to insult Sans anymore than I already did. I made a mistake saying what I did. I get it. But I couldn't bring myself to apologize for my actions. I followed him downstairs and was surprised to see a wonderfully made breakfast. Well, to most, pancakes and eggs are normal. But I'm usually fed nothing other than a crumb. My brother wants me to be strong and eat healthy, so it's usually just...never mind...
"Took you two long enough! Eat up!" Papyrus insisted as he finished pouring the drinks. "We'll need our strength for the journey ahead of us!" I sat down and tried not to eat like an animal, but I couldn't help myself. Papyrus's cooking was way better than my brother's. By a mile. I hadn't eaten a real meal in forever. Sans was giving me the silent treatment...I deserve it. "Why are you two so quiet?" Papyrus asked. "Oh, it's nothing. We just argued a bit." I explained. "About?" Papyrus asked. "...about me stealing his clothes." Sans cut me off with a lie. Feeding his brother lies to hide him from the truth...clever. Papyrus shouldn't be bothered by our problems. This is between us.

As we traveled, Sans kept ignoring me. We seemed to be walking forever, and still no comment. He however did keep Papyrus busy with conversation. As we made it towards the hotlands, I decided this couldn't go on longer. Papyrus would notice the awkward silence between us eventually. No...that's not the reason I wanted to apologize. It was because I wanted his friendship. I wanted us to be okay again. He did something nice for me last night, and this is how I treat him? As I opened my mouth to speak, an unfamiliar voice cut me off. "H-hello Papyrus! Odd to see you and Sans here...wait...are there...two Sans?!" The person asked in surprise. It was a dinosaur monster....but I already knew her name. There was a different version of her in my world, too. Alphys.
"Alphys my good friend! We have a lot to explain....but to sum it up, we found a second Sans! We need to get him back to his own timeline...care to lend a hand?" Papyrus asked. Alphys nodded and let us in. She seemed to be examining me...as if to question if I was really here or not. Papyrus was given many questions from Alphys to help her understand the situation and maybe think of a way to get me back. I was silent the whole time...I didn't want to interrupt them. "I see I see....do you remember how you got here, other Sans?" Alphys asked. I assumed she was directing this question at me.
"Well, I saw a white bunny, which is unusual in my world since there are only black bunnies there. Then I followed it, and blacked out. That's all I can remember." I explained. It seemed to help her understand a little better. "Well, the conclusion I've made is that our world somehow found a way into yours, which can explain the white bunny." Alphys said confidently. I wasn't used to her not being twitchy and insane and all.... "But not to worry! If we can get a piece of your clothing, I could make a machine that can bring you straight back home!"
"Great! How quickly can you make it!"
"Actually, I could probably finish it today."
Suddenly, I froze. I realized something....I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay here with these nice people, I wanted to be friends with my other self. I at least wanted more time to figure out why my world went so wrong....! But....maybe it's better this way. I can get out of their hair. After all, if I said I didn't want to leave now, their efforts to get me home would be wasted. I faked a grin and put on a fake attitude. "Great..! That means I can see all of my friends all the more quicker!" I said happily. I should be glad, but I'm not.

((SANS'S POV))
Today...? That means I will never see him again...this was our last day together. I watched as my other self put on a fake show. I could tell it was fake. He was me, after all. I did that too when I was pretending. I watched as he handed over the cloth, and Alphys got to work. Why am I sad...? Time flew by too quickly. The machine was almost done. I looked at the floor and felt someone pull me aside.
"I'm sorry..." My other self said. I looked at him in surprise. Was he faking it? No...that look...he means it. "I should be sorry..." I admitted. "I reacted too quickly and got too mad about it..."
"DONE! That was fast!" Alphys shouted and we rushed back and pretended nothing happened. "I bet everyone is worried about you! You should hurry back." Papyrus said. My other self nodded and smiled. "Thank you for your help, you guys..." He said. "I'll miss you..." Papyrus said and hugged him. "I'll miss you too..." He mumbled and hugged him back. He turned to me, and stared at me for a while. I hugged him tightly suddenly without thinking.
"Even though I met you just yesterday...I can't help but feel I've known you forever. Your me, after all. And knowing that I'll never see you again..." I mumbled, holding back tears. "I know. We're basically the same person. We relate to things so quickly. That's why we feel this way. I think I'll really miss you....your the other half of my heart, you know...?" He said and chuckled.

He broke free from the hug and prepared to depart, leaving us all behind. "I hate saying goodbyes, so...I'll see you later, okay?" He said, and just like that, he was gone.

The next day, Papyrus and Alphys had no idea who he was. They didn't remember him. So why did I? I could slowly feel him becoming more and more of a dream than a memory. No matter how hard I tried, I felt like something was trying to force him away from my reality. Today, I still question whether my other self was real or not. I guess it's for the best. There has to be a good reason why I'm forgetting him.