Chapter 3/75: ChitChat with the Alpha

Early update because ANC'S managed to get into the top 1000 romance from its first chapter! Please continue supporting us even if this chapter and the one before it seem like fillers! Vote/comment/love♡
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Mr. Ellington laid his cup of bitter coffee over the desk slowly, and then sank back into his imperial chair with utmost authority, as he fixed me with his cold orbs.

"I don't recall being as open with you as to 'hide' things from you, mind you." He muttered, voice dead-cold.

His eyes were like an ocean, they were iridescent and flecked with every shade of blue.

I ignored his cold demeanor, and let out a soft breath.

"J-Jaden told me you were," I paused for a second, "The only person I recognized." My voice was uncertain, "Is that true?"

He kept silent for a second.

"Hardly, you simply said you felt like you knew me," He held his fountain pen in between the steeped fingers of his left hand, and tapped it slowly over the desk, creating a coordinated rhythm, "Other than that, you didn't recall anything further."

I eyed him dazedly, and nodded, "And what... happened during the three days where I did not recall anything?"

He kept silent for a second, as he eyed the tapping pen composedly.

"And why," his tapping pace sped up a little, "Are you directing the question in my direction?"

I shifted, and wet my lips.

"Because I know you know!" I protested, "It is somehow quite expected that, as a person with no memories, and since I somehow knew you, or recalled something about you, I will have wanted to stick up to you most of the time!" I concluded.
He went silent for another second.

"What makes you think I tolerated such an option?" His icy, dead cold answer came.

I shuddered as his ice beads glowed with utmost intensity.

"I-I don't know," I mumbled, lowly, somehow at a loss of words, "But I don't think it was particularly to your advantage not to help me..."

A thought shot through my brains, and I grinned mischievously at him, "No, knowing you, I bet you even tried making me recall because I might know where the stolen information is!" I kept my grin.

His look hardened, and his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"You seem to quite know me well, Signorina."

That was actually colder than an iceberg; it was utterly dry and dispassionate.

I let out a soft breath, "So, won't you tell me about the past two days?"

He went silent, and the pen-tapping sound stopped not.

"I simply took you to your old school, and... other places in hopes you'd recall."

I gazed into his deep, sea-blue eyes, and felt I'm going to drown.

"I wonder if I'd recalled..." I whispered, not moving my gaze from his.

He kept his icy stare locked with mine, and his eyes held thousands of words.

"I wonder if you did, too."

A second or so after, another thought came to my mind, and I gasped, as I broke our eye-contact.

I slightly shifted, and held the humble-sized bag I'd put his grey scarf in, as I raised from beside me, and placed it over his desk.