Chapter 38/110: Tears and Speed

Read+comment!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

My teeth bit over my lips, and I averted my gaze away from his.

I swallowed, and Sarah completely lost balance at that, as she collapsed over me, and I stumbled.

"G-Gah! Sa─" I tried holding her in place, but her weight was directly lifted off of me, as his large, and hard left hand pulled her towards him.

Sarah Dowell slammed against Rickard Ellington's broad, and muscular chest, and she barely seemed to have noticed that.

His left hand held her in place over his chest, as if he were hugging her.

A pain tugged at my heart, but I pushed it away.

Sarah tried opening her eyes at that, and as soon as she slightly felt her surroundings, she tried pushing away from the president.

"Inta..." She gritted her teeth, and shook in his arms as she tried to wriggle away.

**Inta: You (Arabic–Lebanese)**

I had figured that in her angry state, Sarah was switching to her Lebanese tongue today.

"Bekrahak!" She spat, drunk, and tears streamed down her face, "Trekni!" She screamed and wriggled.

I didn't get a single word, but oh well, she didn't seem pleased.

**Bekrahak: I hate you // Trekni: Let go of me**

Rickard Ellington, on the other hand, seemed to have gotten her words, for his expression hardened, and his hands moved to grip either her shoulders, which seized her wriggling.

"Stop," He ordered, "You're attracting─"

"Wahad Kalb!" She cut him off in her native tongue, "Trek─"

**Wahad Kalb: Dog Person (used as a form of insult)**

"Khalas, Sarah." His voice finally came, frozen, and his hands dug into her arms.

**Khalas: Enough/Stop**

Damn him. He even knew how to speak in Sarah's mother tongue.

Sarah tried punching his chest. "Bekrahak!" She sobbed.

**Bekrahak: I hate you**

He didn't even flinch, and his expression remained as calm. "Yes, and?"

She sniffed, "Ya'ani ma bhebbak!"

**Ya'ani ma bhebbak: It means I don't like you**

I could bet the temperature of his face was below zero. "I know, and?"

She tried punching again, "Trekni, Rickard!" She yawned. Well, I guess alcohol is starting its work.

**Trekni: Let go of me**

He let out a sharp breath, and his eyes froze, as he froze her against his chest. "No, you can't drink any further."

She tried wriggled, "Mbala!" She mumbled this time, and her eyes started shutting slowly.

**Mbala: (Refutation) – literally means 'yes' **

He didn't budge. "Nemi, Sarah." He muttered, calmly, and his voice was drugging it made my knees go weak.

**Nemi: Sleep***

She slowly collapsed against his chest at that, like a child which'd been resisting sleep for long, and I saw her chest rising and falling with even pace.