Chapter 15/87: VII

Vote+Comment! Enjoyxxxx
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Rickard Ellington Conway drove off, and the black Ferrari Laferrari elegantly made its way through the darkness of the night, under the lights of the city.

The first minute went by silently, neither of us uttering a letter, until I finally gathered up the courage to open my mouth.

"So how are Sarah and Mr. Leonard? I-I haven't seen them since forever!" I voiced.

There was a moment of silent before I was honored by a reply.

"A week is not forever," He voiced, coolly, as he moved the steering wheel while eying the road with incredible intensity, "And they are fine; alive, I believe."

I smiled softly, chatting with him never changes, eh? As cold as ever.

My phone suddenly rang, and I jumped slightly because of surprise.

I pulled my phone out, and eyed the caller's ID.

It was Abel Daniels.

I frowned slightly, and my eyes stung for a second.

I could feel Mr. Ellington's heated gaze shift between me and the road from a moment to other.

I cut off the call.

I believe this is the best to happen. Because from the very start, he never seemed to be close to anyone, and I just forced him always.

I bit my lip, and turned away.

"You seem to have become well-adopted with your new work," His voice came low, and calm, "You even made... acquaintances, quite adequate in one week."

I blinked for a second, hmmm, was that just a compliment?

And then it clicked to me suddenly.

"Y-You mean Abel?"

Mr. Ellington kept silent for a moment, then:

"If that's what his name is."

I gazed into him softly, trying to fathom his deep and mysterious tone.

He was unreachable. Too far away even though he's sitting beside me.

"Well, it's lonely there."

The words came out of me so gentle, and fragile.

"I didn't know anybody, and everybody is different." I started explaining, "Though Abel, I might say, was the only person I made acquaintance with."

Something flashed through his eyes, it was dark, dangerous, and not exactly fathomable.
His expression looked to some extent... vexed.

I smiled at a thought which suddenly crossed my mind, "He somehow shares some traits with you." I muttered, softly to myself.

His eyes widened for a second, and he blinked, not turning to look in my direction.

He remained like that for a moment, but then his eyes regained their shape, and he arced his head slightly, still eying the road before him.

"He certainly did not seem on good terms with Byron."

It was my turn to widen my eyes at that, and gasp, "Holy! So you noticed that as well!"

He shrugged slightly, calmly, coldly, "It was hard to overlook, despite the fact that my attention was not even directed on them."

It took me a second to register that, and then a playful smirk crossed my lips, "Eh? What had your attention then?"