Chapter 47/ 119: Rumors and Secrets

Lovexxx

***So sorry for being late, more info in the author's not at the end.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I gaped, wide mouthed, at the beautiful lady before me —who was none other than my best friend, in fact.

She had a curvaceous figure, and her long, chestnut cascaded down the end of her back. She twirled around in the sky blue gown she was wearing, and grinned at me, "So, do you like it, Cherry?"

I couldn't stop staring at my best friend as the sky hugged her body so well showing glimpses of the star's flesh here and there, "Wow Katy, it really looks stunning. I love it." I jumped on her and hugged her so tight.

God, I really have a beautiful bestie.

"Charlotte, watch out you're about to tear the dress girl."

The dress, for a second, reminded me of the vice-president's beauteous eyes. It had that light sky-blue color. The pure color of the sky which made you feel like you're in seventh heaven.

"No wonder you love it so much," I chuckled, "It's almost the same color."

She blinked, "Hm??"

I shrugged, "You seem quite excited about the after-wedding party tonight, Kat."

She chuckled then said, "Yes, so much. We'll be drinking, dancing, rocking everything and everyone, and partying all night." We both started doing a little bit of dance moves in front of the mirror just to see if we'd look presentable, not like monkeys dancing.

I shook my hips, observing if they looked hot enough while shaking.

Major fail, Char.

"Well, can you believe it's Briana's wedding already?" I frowned at the mirror, "She was almost every day with a different guy back in our high school days!" I snapped softly.

Briana Stellyns was my, Kat's and even Jaden's friend back in high school. I was surprised when we received an invitation to her wedding and even the party after it a week ago, and well, we decided to attend, despite the fact we have barely met a few times after high school.

"You know Katy, I feel like we're the only ones that are going to be forever alone." I smiled.

Katy hugged me at that, "No cherry, we're going to marry each other and get a dog, because it's too cute, and then we're going to have a lifetime of our own!!" She suggested enthusiastically.

After all the cheerfulness that went within a blink of an eye, Katy and I looked at each other and said together, "Nah, go away, you ain't my type, bi***!!"

We both laughed, and after a moment or so, I hesitated for a second.

"Would you consider marriage, anytime soon, Kat?"

Katy paused her laugh, as her expression, for a second, mirrored some kind of innocence.

"Marriage?" She turned to eye me with deep, chocolate eyes glinting with a hundred thoughts.

I bit my lips, "You know, if it's real love."

For once since forever, my bestie went silent.

She licked her lips, and her eyes moved left and right, "The thought is a bit... scary."

I blinked in turn, "What? He's gonna eat you?"

She rolled her eyes, "Marriage is commitment, Charlotte. It's commitment to a person for the rest of your life. It's commitment to kids you're going to do your best to give them happiness." Her expression became serious, "My parents gave birth to me and then left me away for work. If they loved me, they would have stayed."