Chapter 42/114: Jealous?

Read+Enjoy!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Ehem, come in." I finally muttered, bashfully, as I gestured inside the apartment.

We'd finally stepped away from each other, and words seemed quite hard to mutter at the moment.

He let out a short breath, and shook his head, "No, I still have some work to attend to."

I frowned softly, but nodded.

He moved a few steps, and yet he stopped again, "Another thing, for tomorrow, and only tomorrow as an exception, you may be late until twelve noon for work." He muttered.

I stared, flabbergasted, "R-Really?"

He started walking again, "Do I say something unreal, ever?" His voice came frozen.

Oops, sorry.

I gulped, "But... why?"

He didn't stop walking, his footsteps echoing evenly, "Because I will be needing your services after your normal working hours so you may have them as compensation."

I let a small smile, "Aye, sir, see you!"

As he reached towards his car, pressed it open, and got in, I remained gazing at him for some reason.

Goodness his beauty was outstanding.

I jumped slightly as he turned in my direction, his drugging orbs freezing me.

"Get inside." ─came his command arrogantly, his eyes mirroring pure dominance and coldness, as he gestured towards the apartment.

I blinked softly, "Wh-Why?"

He turned away, wordlessly, and drove off.

I blinked after him, confused.

It was at that that a cold breeze shot at my flesh, and I shivered.

'Get inside.' ─His words shot to my mind.

A bashful smile crossed my lips, as I hugged myself tightly, and headed inside.

*********

The next day I woke up, showered, and sat having my breakfast really early.

Katy was not even awake, nevertheless, I really didn't feel like staying in bed even if my work shift was not like the usual one.

I was having the last bite my self-prepared hot-choco, when my phone pinged with a message.

I read the message, and smiled.

'Abel Nicholas Daniels, 24, found dead at the Big Boy's Ice-cream shop after attempting to have an ice-cream without the annoying C. Thorne. Our thoughts go to his loving family and friends.' ─Said the message sent by none other than the Abel Daniels himself.

I laughed softly, and typed:

'My thoughts go to the poor ice-cream he perhaps didn't continue :p' ─I sent.

It wasn't in a moment until he replied:

'My, my. Has anybody told you how heartless  you seem at times, woman?' ─His message came.

Before I could reply, another message came.

'Anyway :p I'm at the Big Boy's and coming to get you, get ready.' ─It said.

I chuckled softly.

'Okay.'─ I typed and sent, before I got up and headed to my and Kat's room to get ready.