Chapter 70/142: News Spread

Happy reading!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The following day, I was awakened by marvelous, fabulous, unimaginable, and very positive news.

Barely recognizing the caller's ID in my sleepy state, I picked up my phone after it's been ringing for over two minutes.

"Hmm, Kat? It's barely six in the morning!" I whined.

"Shut up, bi***! This is not the time!" Katherine's tone came, serious with clear threat.

I slowly started collecting my focus with her.

"Your mother discovered you're not home." She threw the bomb.

Ouch. Wow.

I gulped, "Wow."

She sighed, "I'm really sorry. She passed too early thirty minutes ago saying she had a job interview and wanted to kiss you for good luck because she missed you in the past few days." Kat's voice came apologetically, "And I was sleepy so I slipped about you not being asleep here. She left spitting fire, and plans to see you today."

I rubbed my eyes, straightening in the bed. "Goodness, now that's something I didn't see coming."

Her sigh came, "I know, I didn't think she'd be this pissed. Expect a call from her."

I descended from bed, where my half-sister was still lying, deep asleep.

"Yeah," I yawned, sleepily, "Don't worry, I'll take care of it, baby."

She hummed in response, "Okay, Cherry, pass by me tonight after you're done with work to tell me the latest news."

I nodded, and the line went off.

My eyes were still fixed on my sleeping sister.

'Death.' -Her word rung within my senses.

Goodness, she had said it with so much coolness yet utter seriousness.

Well, I was never exactly a person to believe in premonition, nevertheless, they somehow give a bad feeling.

I sighed, shaking the thought off of my head, and heading outside the room.

Entering my room, I directly took a fast morning shower, before I dressed up, and headed down the floor.

Without really planning to have breakfast, I headed towards the exit of the palace.

Two maids stood at the main door, as I headed in its direction.

Both maids nodded at me, and I did at them, as they opened the door for me.

I fidgeted, shyly, "Y-You don't really have to do that, I...I'm a normal person," I smiled gently at them, and exited.

Stepping out of the door, I jumped out of my skin, as I was met with the silhouette of two huge bodyguards. They directly straightened, and bowed slightly in my direction.

I nodded back.

One of them shifted, stepping towards me.

"Excuse me, Miss, but the orders I have been given oblige me to inquire about the destination you are leaving to." He spoke like a sergeant in duty.

I gulped, slightly taken aback by his question. "Uh, my home. Please inform Mr. Ellington I'll head to work on time from there!"

He nodded, "You might be faster to inform him than me," He gestured with his head towards the wide garden before the palace.