Chapter 63/135: Another Truth

Read+Enjoy<3
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A tear slipped down my face, and I remained silently frozen for a complete minute.

She spoke none.

The president spoke none.

And that drove me insane.

Because words can tell lies, but silence always told the truth.

Their silence emphasized over the truth of the apparent truth.

'My full name would have been Scarlett Thorne.' Her sentence replayed.

I swallowed.

"Hah?" I smiled forcefully, another tear streaming down my face, "S-So what? What if you would have had the same l-last name as m..." I lost my voice.

She gulped, continuing to fix her determined, deep eyes into mine.

"Charlotte, my name would have been Scarlett Thorne." She repeated, emphasizing over the common surname between us, "And..." She paused.

"My father's name is Ben. Ben Thorne."

My forced smile disappeared, but was replaced with an utterly disbelieving expression.

Tears streamed down on their own.

"Ben..." I barely moved my lips, "You..." I struggled to stand up, shaking my head slowly, disbelievingly, as my whole body shivered painfully. "You're a liar..." I whispered, "You definitely are!!"

Her expression remained helpless, eyes wide trying to search for something to say, pleading, "Charlotte, liste—"

"Be silent!" I cut her off, shaking, my voice pained, "Be silent oh God!!!" I raised my hands to my head.

"It...It can't be true..." I felt my stomach churning, giving me an urge to vomit, "It's definitely all a trick—" My voice stopped, as my eyes fell on Rickard Ellington Conway to her side.

The moment my eyes caught his, he turned away.

He.

Turned away.

Something which he does in only one case, I have reached.

When he wants to avoid telling me a painful truth or hurt me.

My voice faded, and I sobbed, loudly.

Biting my lips painfully, I snapped my look back to her, defeatedly.

She started coming closer, carefully, "Charlotte, I want to protect you..." She pleaded, "Listen for a secon—"

"NO!" I snapped, taking a fearful step back, shaking, "No, stay away!" I choked, shaking my head in refusal.

I panted, and she stopped, gulping, "You and I," She fixed her shaking eyes into mine, dead serious, "Share one blood."

I froze, her words yet again hitting me like an axe.

She clenched her jaw, "Whatever you do or say," she panted, "Will not change the fact that we both have Ben Thorne's blood running through our veins!"

I let out a breath, and staggered back against the wall, energy seeping out of me

"Get out."

The words came out of my mouth, deadly.

I pointed at the door, and her eyes widened upon realizing I was demanding her to leave.

"GET OUT!" I sobbed, loudly, "OUT, OUT, OUT!" I sniffed, signaling at the door. "Leave!!!"