Chapter 51/123: Father Longing

Read+Enjoy!!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I examined the old photograph between my fingertips, and gazed at the smiling faces through it.

It was a photograph I'd found while sorting my things back at home.

I roamed the tips of my thumb and index finger over the figures of people through it.

I first touched the image of Vanessa Thorne, my mother, and caressed it smoothly as I eyed it.

She was smiling happily, while holding an infant in her hand.

I recall so well it was the now twelve year-old Theodore.

My tips then moved the man whom was captured beside my mother, smiling widely.

It was his unmistakable hazel eyes, and that smile which changed his whole face and made it look too brighter.

They often told me I got my eye color and shape from him.

I missed him, God.

Ben Thorne.

My daddy.

My eyes finally snapped to the cheerful girl standing between the two adults, smiling broadly.

Her cheeks were rosy, and they were a bit chubby. Her curls were long and thick; her daddy loved long hair.

Oh yes, what was her name?

I was sure it was something like Margarotte, Katelotte?

Oh, got it... Charlotte, that was the name.

I gulped, realizing it was none other than... me.

I gazed into my own smile and happiness, as a lone tear strolled down my cheek.

"Goddamn I miss you, dad."

***********

After ascending through the Golden employee elevator, I reached the Golden floor. Rather, his majesty's floor.

My mood was pretty much gloomy, and I was in no mood to work, to be honest.

I headed to my office, and sighed as I got behind my desk.

The photograph which I found at the morning rather shook me.

Now that I thought of it, it's really been a long time.

Something like eleven months.

I frowned at my own self.

My father left eleven months ago without a word.

Recalling that extremely bothering scene...

'Listen here, Vanessa we both know it was a mistake and we can do nothing to change it, okay?' ─I recalled his harsh statement.

God... He'd never spoken to my mother in such a way before.

It's true, it's been about a year since I'd last seen him, but I still recall my dad too well.

I clenched my jaw as his voice came to my conscious again.

'I want to end everything, Vanessa.'

I shuddered, as the door suddenly knocked, and it slid open.

I blinked for a second, as I realized a tear or two were already down my face.

I directly wiped them away, as I tried smiling at the person standing on the door.

She blinked at me for a second, then arched an eyebrow.