Chapter 33/105: A Room of Mirrors

Read/Enjoy/Feel the suspense!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I huffed, and clenched my teeth, nervously.

"I-I'm nervous." I announced, panicking.

The Adam beside me ignored me, as his eyes kept focused over the cab marching to cars away from us.

I bit my lips, "He's getting farther!" I tried warning.

Rickard Ellington's eyebrows finally furrowed a little, as we sped off slightly that we almost bumped into the car before us.

"I will not let him." He muttered, darkly.

I gulped, and we managed to outdo the two cars separating us from our targets. Yippie, we can catch him now!

For a second, I thought I could see a massive amount of arrogance mixed with a negligible amount of victory through Rickard Ellington's orbs, as he continued to fix the cab in question with a deadly gaze.

His eyes suddenly widened in the exact moment though, as we suddenly jerked into a sudden stop, and I gasped loudly. "Gah! Why had we..." My voice trailed, as I eyed the red light shining brightly on through the traffic light before us.

The cab had managed to march before the red light lit.

"Holy! You have to be kidding!" I protested.

His gaze still fixed behind the cab which was getting farther from us, trying to catch his movement.

Eying him more carefully, I noticed the muscles of his neck clench, dangerously. He tapped the index finger of his left hand impatiently yet slowly on the steering wheel, while he clenched over it with pure force.

I eyed the cab head farther from us.

I tapped my leg nervously, "He'll escape us! This is it!"

The traffic light turned yellow at that, and Rickard Ellington's eyes evolved into a cold chaos.

"It is rather rare for me to resort to foul language in my speeches," He let out, and the car roared in preparation, as his gaze froze, "But in such a case,"

The green light shone at that.

With a beast-like roar from the engine of the car, it moved like mad.

"I might as well say I'd be damned of I let him out of my sight."

I gasped, and my heartbeat picked up at that.

The car darted forward with pure mad speed, and I had to hold onto my seatbelt to ensure I didn't kiss the front of the car.

And hey, did a semi-curse just escape him? Well, it wasn't much but... nevertheless!

I was somehow discovering a dark side of him today.

And worse, it was too Goddamned hot.

We sped off even more, and managed to take the turn the cab just did before us.

Mr. Ellington did not even give the cab a chance to breathe —metaphorically speaking. Left or right, stop or speed up, we copied whatever the cab did, maintaining a very small distance away as a camouflage so they don't notice us.

After some minutes, I suddenly felt a slight pain stab my stomach, and I whimpered for a second.

The Adam beside me stiffened, and yet he kept on driving behind the cab attentively.