Chapter 75/147: Daughter Value

Comment, comment, comment!!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A helpless, pleading sob escaped me, and I could feel minutes start a countdown to my collapse.

Energy was escaping my body, and I had lost a good deal of blood by now.

My vision had gone into blur, and I was fighting to remain awake.

I was by no way in hell going to deep sleep now in such a situation at such a place.

Not when Rickard Ellington Conway and my father were raising guns against one another and shit was just going down.

No one dared utter a word, as the two men's gazes clashed, and neither flinched, as they competed in abhorrence display.

"I never though you would get out of the battlefield there alive, though," My father spat, "The mafia is fatal."

My employer did not even flinch, as he let out a proud, arrogant snort escape him in a deep voice.

"What mafia are you speaking off?" Mr. Ellington's tone came, ruthless, somehow like that of a mafia leader.

His whole gaze then intensified ten folds, and he moved his jaw, conceitedly, "The Epsilon erased them off of this existence." He spoke, not a spec of guilt or remorse present in his voice and every spec of unfeeling present.

I could hardly believe the man before me was the Rickard Ellington Conway I had come to know recently.

It was as though a monster was awakened in this battle.

I shuddered, and tried shifting in my place to stand up.

With my wounded shoulder and extremely exhausted body, I failed miserably.

That was when a huge, warm body approached mine from behind, as his hands grabbed my waist, gently aiding me to stand up.

His beauteous, handsome sky beads gazed into me with extreme warmth and care, as he buried them into my soul.

His full lips parted, as his expression became apologetic slightly.

"Rickard is not a criminal," He whispered, "And we both know that. But his state at the moment is clearly triggered by the blood-thirsty battle which just finished out there, your wounded state, and your father's actions." Leonard Beards continued his whispers against my right ear, "I have complete trust you can stop him, Charlotte, my dear."

I gulped, and my pants increased due to my wound, "B-But... how?" I whispered.

He stepped back, shrugging, as he winked at me, "You know better," he mouthed in pure seduction.

I let out a shaky breath, looking back in the direction of the two men raising guns against one another.

Each of them clearly still had a spec of hesitation about firing at the other, but I knew this spec won't be present for so long.

So I had to take some action.

And fast.

I shifte—

"Freeze, Thorne!" His absolute, terrifying voice came, and I shuddered.

I fixed him with my wide eyes, and he didn't even glance in my direction, as he kept his eyes fixed at my father, and I felt my heart clench.

God... what... what's this coldness radiating off of him?

No warmth at all!

"M-Mr. Ellington..." I gulped, "Please, I... I can compromise with my father... calm down..."