Chapter 35/107: A Beautiful Woman

Comment, comment, comment<3!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I glanced towards the beauteous profile of Rickard Ellington Conway, the man who was currently driving the car I was in at the moment.

I could feel my lips tingle for a second, as I flushed, and turned away.

This was... A third time.

─Or maybe a second.

This was the third time our lips collide.

I was even scared to lick them.

Holy.

It's weird. In the three times it happened, neither of us even questioned it.

It was probably some kind of silencing, right?

They say it a lot: When a man wishes to silence a woman, he... he kisses her.

He probably wanted to silence my annoying sobs.

I gulped, and fidgeted, as I felt his heated gaze snap towards me momentarily.

He had returned to his seat wordlessly after he'd kissed me, and I'd calmed down.

What he said after...

'Ah. The tears are really salty, eh?'

Wait... C-Could it be he kissed me to check the taste of my tears?!

Holy! Is it even possible?!

Couldn't he have just kissed your cheek instead, Char? A voice from the back of my head spoke.

I frowned. Holy, I'm already confused! Leave me alone!

His voice came at that, and I almost jumped in surprise.

"Is your stomach still aching?" He spoke, coldly, coolly.

I blinked for a second, and finally licked my lips.

They tingled, refusing my own touch, and craving another, foreign one I knew too well.

Stop it, Char! Now!

I slowly turned towards him, then looked towards my hands, pursed nervously over my lap.

I shook my head, "I believe it is nothing so serious, just a pain of a day or two." I eyed my stomach, consciously, "And it'll probably bruise for sometime."

It took him sometime to register that, as he moved the steering wheel, calmly.

"How did you manage to escape him?" He muttered, calmly, a hint of anger concealed beneath his arrogance, "How did you react to his attack?"

I bit my lower lip.

"Uhm, it was not really a case of him attacking me, Mr. Ellington." Wetting my lips, I spoke softly, "I followed him, and tried to get him to speak about the mirrors, as a result, he hit me over the stomach." I frowned at the memory.

His head whipped towards me at that, eyes slightly wide.

"You." He repeated, dangerously calm, "You followed him?"

I shifted, "I-I couldn't bare it anymore! I wanted to know what was about the mirrors!"

"Are you mad?" His interjection came, dead cold, a hint of disbelief dancing within it.

I frowned, "Hey! Why do you seem so displeased abou─" He cut me off.

"How were you saved?" His voice came fatal.