Chapter 18/90: I See Fire

Vote/Enjoy<3
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Abel Daniels gaped into me with wide, and bewildered, delphic brown orbs.

They looked like an alpha's.

They reflected so much power and mightiness, yet at the same time, a whole lot of vulnerability.

His optics were shivering, and his jaw moved.

His full lips were parted, as they shook slightly to say something in vain.

My eyes looked back into his, as my heart clenched too tight, I felt like it'll stop beating.

I swallowed, and, like a five-year old child, looked towards him trustfully, as I, without thinking, flashed him a soft smile.

"Abel..." I called, weakly, and kept my hopeful smile, "Y-You're finally here."

He kept on looking into me with the same expression, as words finally escaped him with a very low, hoarse voice.

"Why..." He let out, his voice hardly above a whisper, "Why are you here?"

My breath was still hitching, and I tried moving towards him.

Big mistake.

"Unhhh!" I collapsed back against the closed side of the window. My legs shook violently, and they hurt.

My right leg was drenched with red liquid, and so did the scratches of my face and neck hurt fiercely.

Abel blinked, as he started to make a move towards me, but then directly stopped in his tracks, as Byron's hand snapped up to gesture towards him.

His eyes were still wide. As if he wasn't registering.

I licked my lips, "A-Abel..." I couldn't really form words.

What could I tell him? I was wounded and all stuff because I tried stealing a USB from his president? That he had to help me in a fight about a USB he didn't even know about? What the heck?!

Byron's voice came to shake my senses at that.

"Won't you give Abel the USB, Charlotte Thorne?" He licked his lips, and arched an eyebrow at me.

My body shook, and at that, my eyes snapped to Abel Daniels.

No.

No.

No.

I swallowed my tears, but they only came down further.

I had understood that.

Truth was, the moment I saw him at the door, I knew he was under Byron.

But then again, when I looked into his eyes, I couldn't. Hope had flared through me.

I sobbed softly, as I saw that his eyes were back to their normal size at that, and they had darkened.

His expression was not neutral like it usually is. No, it was dark.

I shuddered as I saw his clenched jaw, and the utter coldness reflected in his beautiful almonds.

I bit my lips, and met his wolven, burning eyes. "You knew it, didn't you?" I whispered, tears streaming down my face in sheer disappointment and agony.

His expression remained unexplainable, but his eyes...

They burned with a huge set of unsaid words. They were, behind their cold façade, almost screaming, almost pleading to be understood.