Chapter 41/113: Cracking Defences

Enjoy! Lots of love xx
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I tried pushing myself away from him.

I tried thinking things like: No, Char, you promised Reina Collins you'll help her!

But no.

Thoughts only faded when I considered getting away from the current warmth I was feeling.

I finally gathered my courage to part my lips, and speak:

"This is so wrong." I whispered, against his chest.

In the past minute I'd had my arms around him, he had neither spoke nor moved.

He didn't hug back nor comment.

But he didn't push away either.

He shifted at my words, finally.

"I never took you for the conservative type of sin and virtue, Signorina." He murmured, coolly, composedly.

I frowned against his chest, "I-I didn't mean it that way! I..." I paused, searching for words.

I meant that was wrong towards Reina...

I pursed my lips, refusing to speak my current thoughts.

A moment of silence passed, and he still didn't move.

"If you've calmed down," He spoke deliberately, as if he was hesitant, "You might as well be alright with sharing the reason of your impressive mood changes, Miss Secretary."

His voice was calm, composed, and my, so arrogant.

Well Char, the dude has a point. One day you're slapping him and the other you're hugging him like there's no tomorrow.

I sighed. The cursed voice at the back of my head was right, and I knew that.

Reina's voice shot to my head for a second, again.

'I lost him!'

Goodness, why were her words too painful for me?!

Why did they make me feel like I needed him!?

I did not!

I do not!

He's not mine!

Ugh, Char!

"I met with Reina."

The words had slipped through my lips so vulnerably, and I scolded myself mentally.

Phew! At least that's a way to make myself feel guilty!

But hey hands, why are you not letting go of him, eh?! Why!

He stiffened, for a second, "So Mrs. Collins is the reason of your mood swings?"

He seemed composed, almost too arrogant. But I knew he must be broiling from the inside.

I pursed my lips, "N-No! I mean I met her," I announced, "Just before I came here!"

He shifted, "Ah. So that's why Leonard seemed uneasy when I said I was coming here."

I fidgeted, but kept on hugging. "Yeah, he brought me here."

Another moment of silence passed, and I sighed.

God I have hundreds of things to say, and yet... I seem to have lost my voice.

"Why did you not hear her out?" I murmured, over his chest.