Chapter 7/79: Pleasure, Moment, and Memory

Vote/Comment for this extra long double update to motivate us for next times ;) This chapter will be the gloomiest of the arc, so brace yourselves!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•

I cried myself to sleep that night.

It wasn't just painful, it was an irritating feeling. The feeling of crying with a reason not worth it was extremely frustrating.

Why?

I questioned myself the same thing over a hundred times, but not once did I reach a conclusion.

Why would he do that to me?

Answer not found.

The following day would be the one I sign my acceptance on the papers of transfer.

So I still have tomorrow to bid my farewell to the Ellington Company.

After that, I will officially have nothing to connect me to Rickard Ellington Conway.

Nothing.

Nothing at all.

*****************

When I woke up the next day, I was met by a shocked Katy staring at me with the eyes of one who was sighting a ghost.

"Hey! I was so tired and slept so early yesterday I didn't see you when you came. What the heck had happened?" She exclaimed with worry.

I rubbed my eyes as I sat straight in my bed.

Damn, my eyes felt like they were burning from my crying yesterday.

I kept silent, and looked at my hands, pursed together over my lap.

I shook my head, and chose to remain silent, as I moved to descend off of the bed.

I went to the bathroom, and Katy followed me.

I shut the door behind me and in her face as I entered.

"Okay now that was some half-assed, uncalled for deed!" She shouted from outside.

I sighed, and started with my chores there.

.

.

.

Twenty minutes later, I stumbled out of the bathroom, completely ready to head out.

My best friend, K-Martins, was still waiting for me outside with some hot chocolate.

I frowned, and she smiled at me.

"Look who's smiling cutely at you from the table here," She teased, and signaled at the hot chocolate cup.

I frowned at the 'sweet stuff', "No, no, no, and no. Thank you so much, I don't want anything to do with this bitter stuff again. I'll pass."

She blinked at me.

"Are you being serious now, Char?"

I went to the refrigerator, and got some bread and jam, "Totally." I mumbled as I ate glumly.

Katy let out a sharp breath, "Charlotte, can you please, please, tell me what the crappy shit has happened?" Her voice was pleading at first but then grew sharp.

I huffed, as I finished my bread, and returned the jam to the fridge.

"Nothing much, Kat." I murmured, coolly, "I've just been transferred to another branch."

I grabbed my bag at that, and headed towards the door. From behind me, I heard Katy whistle loudly, "Ah-ha! So that's it! You don't wanna be away from─"