Chapter 37/109: The Reina

Comment+comment+comment!!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I stood. Gawking.

The room was silent. And the silence was scary.

Because I knew.

I knew it was not the normal silence which normally filled the office aura. Not his silence.

It was a silence which resulted from the statement of the woman whose hands were currently running across Rickard Ellington's chiseled jaw.

'It's me: Reina!' ─Her last statement echoed.

I suddenly felt a cold hand grab my vital organs and squeeze with killer intent.

A huge, bulky knot tied in my throat.

I tried swallowing. I couldn't.

Again. No result.

I could also suddenly feel the world starting to blur, as a thin layer of... of wetness started forming before my orbs.

Wetness?! Excuse you Char?! Did you suddenly recall your great grandma who died thirty-years ago?! My inner voice sassed.

I tried swallowing again, but the knot only got bigger.

Reina Collins slowly relaxed into the Adam's chest, and he made no move.

So she's Reina.

'A woman I used to know.' ─His voice echoed through my mind.

'I haven't come here to watch the fireworks since seven years, with her.' ─His voice again.

'Would you have done it if it was Reina?' ─Sarah's voice this time.

A tear successfully fell, and it was only for a second that Rickard Ellington Conway's eyes snapped to mine, and I didn't know whether he saw the traitor tear.

I believe he didn't, for it was at the same moment Jaden moved to stand before me, as he grabbed the files I was arranging, and gripped my chin.

I looked up to his eyes, my eyes shaking with confuse.

"No!" He moved his lips without producing any sound, "No Charlotte, don't you dare!"

I blinked at his words, and felt the knot only get larger.

"Don't you dare cry because of him!" He moved his lips soundlessly again.

"Rickard!" Her plead was heard, "Rickard, you have to listen! We... We were tricked! I was tricked! It... It's nothing like it—"

It was at that that another presence suddenly was known in the room by cutting Mrs. collins' voice off.

Her loud gasp was heard, and she mumbled something which resembled Arabic.

"Inti..." The weird words came in Sarah Dowell's shaking, and yet dead mad voice.

**Inti: You when addressing a female (Lebanese)**

Jaden turned in her direction, and I directly wiped the traitor tear from my cheek as I emerged from behind him.

Sarah was standing a bit behind Rickard Ellington, but she could clearly see the woman over the president because of her position.

I eyed as her whole body shook, and her eyes were sparkling mad anger.

"Ya kalbe..." Sarah continued blabbering the stuff I couldn't understand, her voice feeling like she was preparing for a battle.

**Ya Kalbe: You bi---**