Chapter 11/83: You're Unfair

Vote/Comment! Lots of love xx
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Two flashbacks in my mind linked together as I heard Conor Byron's statement.

'Mrs. K-Byron...'

The first flashback was back to the day I arrived here, when I entered Byron's office.

I still recall so very well that he was removing a ring from his marriage finger, and that he quickly stuffed it away before I could focus on it.

And the other flashback was one from some hours ago.

It was back to the moment when I was shaking hands with Kurina Bancroft. A scene back then had made me feel relieved.

Yes, I had felt relieved when I shook hands with her, because I knew what I saw was what would probably keep her away from him.

Wait a second. Why would I be damn relieved if she stayed away from him?! Holy more, why do I even care?!

Dang Char! Focus!

Yes. I recall what I saw made me feel relieved yet a bit suspicious at a time.

I had seen a marriage ring on her marriage finger, and that had made me relieved.

And the marriage ring was familiar, which made me feel weird about it.

And now that things linked, I realised how the ring was quite familiar.

The ring was the one I'd spotted for a second in president Byron's finger.

Good God in the heavens.

It couldn't be really!

I felt some shifting on the other side of the door, and I shuddered.

"We should probably be going back." Mr. Byron's voice gave me goosebumps, "Let's just... compose for some minutes." His breath was not even.

I licked my lips in disbelief.

Goodness! What now? I let out a shaking breath, as the voices from the inside came once again.

"And what about that kitten at your office, C-Conor!" Kurina Bancro─ Byron hissed, "Why are you so nice with her?!"

I flushed, frowning.

Byron chuckled, "Well, well. I have to keep her here as long as needed! And don't forget," His voice was wicked, "Charlotte Thorne was our route to the USB," His chuckle got louder, "She deserves good treatment, no?"

They both chuckled, and I clenched my fists.

"Then again, it seems to me that the rumours about her losing her memory were no lies." Byron's voice was serious, "She actually met Sevag, and he confirmed she didn't seem to have recognised him."

I covered my lips in fear at that, as I shook fiercely.

Footsteps neared from the other side at that, as I shuddered, turned away from the door, heading back to the office where his majesty was.

It took me some seconds to reach there, and I barged in without knocking.

I quickly stepped in, and shut the door behind me, as I laid my back against it, my breathing uneven, and my chest heaving up and down.

I was panting loudly, and my heart beats were faster than before. Dang, I had remarkably held myself together as I listened to their chitchat and... activities?