Chapter 45/117: Cruel Fate

Happy reading! Important A/N at the end of the chappie!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

My eyes clashed with Reina Collins'.

The latter ones shook with dead fear and uncertainty, as she tried wriggling in the hands of Trevor's men.

I bit my lips, and gulped.

God I don't want to hear him choose her over me, even if I already know it.

"M-Mrs. Colli─" My fragile voice was cut off.

"Silence, Thorne." His cold, frozen voice came, from above me.

My voice froze, and my lips suddenly felt cold.

I was going to ask for her safety, you bastard, you didn't have to shut me up.

"I am not waiting for you to give me a choice, Padre." The cold, hard, and calculating voice of Rickard Ellington came.

**Padre: Father**

"Both women will emerge safe out of this." He spoke, calmly from behind me.

Trevor Ellington's grey eyes rumbled, and they darkened a shade, as he moved his jaw, thoughtfully.

"Perhaps I should correct my statement," He murmured, not even wasting his time to blink or eye us.

"It's not: Who would you choose, it is: I will make you choose." He gestured his right hand almost imperceptibly upwards.

"Shoot the two women at the same second."

Two men shifted at the same second, and a soft, fast breath was inhaled from above me.

I shuddered, but couldn't move.

A man, some ft. right before Reina Collins, shifted, as he raised a gun up, and prepared it to shoot.

Holy, he's gonna shoot her for sure!

"Re─" My voice disappeared, as he shifted his gun to aim it at me...

Another man shifted right before us a ft. away.

My eyes widened, as he aimed his gun towards Reina Collins, and prepared it to shoot.

God.

What...

Why are they criss-crossing targets?!

I gulped, holy! Reina can be saved, the shooter is right before us and Mr. Ellington can easily shoot him! B-But I...

I gasped, and pursed my lips as I shut my eyes.

Okay, perhaps Trevor Ellington is joking.

Ha-ha! Funny Char.

"Romeo!" Rickard Ellington's loud hiss came into sound.

His voice was hard, freezing, and, for a second, he seemed breathless, as he shifted.

His right hand moved up, as it grabbed my upper right arm.

He tightened his grip until it hurt, and I whined, as he pulled me behind him.

I gasped.

He-He couldn't!!!!

"No!" I cried, as he raised his revolver up with his left hand.

Two shots echoed in one single second, before any of the chairman's men shot.