Chapter 61/133: Hidden News

Read+Support!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Huh?" My voice was almost inaudible, my eyes wide.

He shrugged, calmly, no emotions whatsoever displayed in his features or voice, "Truth be told, I do not recall precise details about the occurrences which took place after Trevor Ellington proved his words about her marriage." He paused, his look intensifying, "I hardly saw anything before me."

I gulped, my eyes stinging, "B-But..." I shook entirely, "Destroying a... a church!" Speechless, I moved my eyes from side to side. "H-How?! I mean, you didn't have enough money to get something like wrecking balls or such to demolish it!"

He kept fixing me with his deep irises for a second, but then turned away, as he moved, the bed cracking under his weight. "Ah, you got it wrong. I used my fists. I attacked the internal of the church."

I shuddered, gulping, "Y-You destroyed it by hand?!!"

"I didn't." He murmured, his broad, naked back clearly displayed. I almost drooled at the way it was curved and the muscles appeared as though they were sculpted. By the way, he had back dimples. "Not completely, at least."

I blinked softly, as I saw he was wearing some kind of sweatpants that were probably the price of my entire apartment.

"My father had to inject me with some kind of sleeping serum to stop me." He kept his head high, gaze more prideful than ever, "He was even obliged to reconstruct the inner of the church to cover up what had happened. Of course, it would've been a crisis had the paparazzi gotten wind of what happened."

I couldn't find right words, so I simply let out a shaking breath. "You know, that," my voice was low, a bit disheartened, "Makes me think that you must've harbored deep feelings for Reina."

He moved his jaw, slightly, and his look deepened, suddenly making him feel extremely distant.

Wordlessly, he turned away, and moved towards the closet, leaving me breathless in the bed.

My heart clenched. He didn't deny it.

I hugged myself softly at that, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

God...

It-It's the first time I get to know so much about Rickard Ellington...

I looked around the room again, and my eyes then caught the watch he had placed on the chest of drawers to his side.

I crept over the bed towards it, and held it in my hands, softly.

Eying the time, I saw it was around two in the morning.

Something caught my attention at that.

A smaller watch was also on the screen of his wristwatch.

But it wasn't moving to show a different time zone or such.

It was stopped.

Somehow, manually since the main watch was moving.

It was stopped at twelve exactly, where the two coincided.

I licked my lips, my heartbeat rate suddenly pacing faster.

Your watch is another one of your secrets, eh?

Despite all the information you gave me today, Rickard Ellington, part of me still feels you hide a hundred times more and deeper things...

He emerged from the closet at that, and I saw that he had already gotten into his black Armani-suit-belonging pants, and already put on his expensive shoes.