Chapter 8/80: The Seventh Branch

Vote/comment! Lots of love xx
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Rose-scent body lotion? Check.

Also Rose-scent perfume everywhere? Check.

A black mini-skirt which hugged my relatively petite yet feminine figure perfectly, but not so seductively? Check.

My light pink button-up shirt? Check.

My pink ear piercings to add some cuteness? Check.

High heels to show my remarkable height? A perfect check!

Finally, a small touch of make-up to give my baby-face a mature look? Check.

I finally gazed at myself contently into the mirror.

Formal look, en général? Oh, double check, Cherry!

I smiled at the ready me gazing back into my eyes from the mirror.

"I think I'm ready!" I muttered with a satisfied small smile.

My smile flickered as I eyed how tired my eyes looked under the barriers of my eyeliner and mascara.

My eyes looked sad.

They still held that tiredness because of my crying last night as well.

I let out a submissive sigh, and moved away from the mirror, as I headed to the Kitchen.

What am I thinking? Yesterday is yesterday. Enough thinking about it, Char.

I entered the kitchen, and realized Katy had headed to work quite early today.

I grabbed something to eat, and headed outside to catch some cab to take me to my destination: The seventh branch of the Ellington Company, in the Lambeth Business district.

Lambeth is a bit far away from the city of Westminster, hmm??

Westminster is where the main branch is...

It isn't much, barely twenty one minutes to separate us, and yet... It feels like we're decades apart, and that's how I believe it'll be from now on...

I sighed again, as the cab marched through the roads.

Okay! Now knock off all of the negative thoughts out of your head, Char, and think of new opportunities awaiting you!

Even better! Think that at least you won't be seeing a certain stony face anymore, and your boss shall be far nicer!

I tried to lie to myself, and smiled at my own thoughts.

Holy, now that I think of it, there might be some good faces out of this, now that I won't be seeing Rickard Ellington Conway anymore ─Or so I thought.

.

.

.

Lambeth was pretty much the same closeness to Southwark −where my and Katy's apartment resided− as Westminister was, it was only eighteen minutes and I was standing at the foot of the seventh branch of The Ellington Company.

I took a deep breath, and did some motivational self-cheering, before I headed to the entry.

Similarly to the main branch, the Seventh Ellington Company had scary bodyguards at its entry, who did some questioning before letting me in.

I then headed to the receptionist, who actually was a whole lot more cheerful than Mrs. Lane. I missed the idiot latter though. No, screw Char focus! New beginnings are always the hardest!