Chap. 4 Walking

Eren's P.O.V

As the school day went on, I noticed I only had forth period with Levi. I limped through the halls to my classes looking for him, but not being successful.

After school...

As I walked home from school, I noticed Levi was behind me, smoking a cigarette. All I thought of cigarettes were that they are the most aweful things in the world. Mostly because my father burns me with them.

"Ugh... And I thought you were good." I said.

'Give him a chance.' My thoughts swirled.

I went on one knee and then undid and retied my shoes. Waiting for Levi to catch up. Finally he did,

"Hey! How was your first day at Colossal high?" I looked cheery at him.

He shrugged and then took another smoke of his cigarette.

"Well who's your favorite class so far?"

"1st, I guess..." He showed no emotion.

"Oh... Cool!" I smiled at him.

"Wanna smoke?" He put the box in front of Eren's face.

"Um, I'm good but thanks."

"Ok. That would be a waste of money anyway."

"Ya..." A awkward moment of silence began, I finally broke it.

"Thanks for... Helping me this morning." I scratched the back of my head.

"A brat needed to be taught a lesson. He shouldn't pick on the weak..." He said glumly.

"I'm not that weak... But thanks. This is my stop, see you tomorrow Levi!" I waved as I walked to the front door of my house.

He kept walking, not acknowledging my presence leaving.

I opened the door quietly.

"Your late! Eren how are you going to finish your chores before dad gets home! He's going to beat you for this!!!" She walked away from me and headed up the creaky stairs.

"I'll finish them... I hope..." I quickly ran around the house franticly cleaning everything, brooming, sweeping, and making dinner, which was frozen in the freezer.

"Done..." I sat on the couch.

"Oh no... I didn't go to the grocery store!!! He's going to beat me for sure... Crap..."

1 minute later my father showed up and as expected, flipped out to not see grocerys.

"What the f*** is wrong with you! You can't do anything right! You price of s***!" He yelled spit flying from his mouth.

He set down his beer, and grabbed my skinny arm, holding it tightly. He took his cigarette and pushed it against my skin. I squealed a little, but if I look in pain he will just do it again and again.

"This is what happens when someone misbehaves! Why can't you do one thing right, Eren! One damn thing!!!" He put his cigarette on my skin again, but this time pushing harder and moving it around.

"It won't happen again sir. I promise."

"You better not!" He then grabbed my hair and slammed my head against garnet table top. Multiple times, over and over until I couldn't even think. My father pushed me away from him, and then ordered me to give him dinner and then go to bed.

I did what I was told and then lied down on my bed. Looking at the ceiling.

"62 more days, then I can leave..." I sighed.