Chap. 46 Goodbye Levi

After a week Levi had announced to Eren that he was going to Stanford and going to study in Medicine.

"Levi! Are you ready to go?" Eren put a suitcase in the car, still seeing his breath, the icy air freezing everything.

"Almost! Just need to grab some snacks for the ride, brat..." Levi walked back inside and went through the house one more time, making sure not to leave anything. Because it was going to be a long drive to California.

He looked at the house one last time, remembering all the amazing memories. Levi remembered being surprised that the lady that used to own the house sold it to a 16 year old.

"Goodbye memories..." Levi then left the house and locked the door.

"Ok, ready!" Levi put his last suitcase in the trunk and then the two were off.

Eren played his anime music play list for 3 hours, repeatedly having the songs 'Unravel' the Tokyo Ghoul opening and 'Flyers' the Death Parade opening playing over and over. Eren kept repeating a line from TG.

"Levi... Let's go home..." Eren was practically crying.

"EREN WE HAVE BEEN DRIVING FOR 5 HOURS NOW!!! IM NOT TURNING AROUND AND DRIVING HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Levi was enraged and had the soul eater theme song stuck in his head.

"It's just a reference Levi..." Eren looked out the window, watching traffic pass by.

"Just... Shut... The... Hell... Up..." Levi took a deep breath, and continued driving.

~4 days later~

They had stayed at a hotel twice, but finally made it. As they pulled onto the long, long streets full of dorms, fraternities, and humongous buildings for different classes. Levi didn't looked phased because he knew he was going there and how large the school was, but Eren... He was flipping out. Asking stupid questions and Levi, of course, answering them.

"Can you help me unpack? My dorm mate will be here soon and I can't have this place a mess..." Levi was gagging at the sight of the dusty small room, which Eren thought it was clean.

"Ya... I'm not leaving right now! I'll be here for a while... I'm not going to see you for... I don't know how long~" Levi cut the now depressed Eren off.

"Just go grab a d*mn box! I don't want to cry today!!!" Levi started to wash the floors and dust the windows.

"This is just filthy..." Levi trembled.

Eren brought in all the boxes and helped him unpack his stuff. Finally he got to a box and opened it to see a framed picture of them, Levi was even smiling.

"When was this!?!" Eren smiled brightly.

"Oh...*laugh* That was on our first date, when we were on the peer and playing carnival games, when we were doing a contest, the person asked if we wanted our picture taken..." Levi finished making his new bed.

"Oh! I remember!" Eren set it on his night stand.

"It feels like so long ago..." Eren started to cry.

"Eren... Don't cry, it'll only be for a little while..." Levi put out his hands, Eren noticing he was wearing his wedding ring.

He began to cry harder.

"Levi! I didn't wear my ring here! I'm going to miss you so much!!!" He sobbed, Levi pulling Eren into a tight hug. He not letting go.

"Um... Excuse me..." A man knocked on the door and walked in.

"I think I'm your dorm roommate..." He looked very awkward.

"Hi... Sorry about him... This brat hasn't done long distance dating..." Levi sighed and Eren let go, Levi wiping away his tears.

"Oh... Well, my name is Oulo, nice to meet you." He tried to act cool but failed and bit his tongue.

"I'm Levi... I'll be back..." Levi and Eren then walked out of the building and by the car.

"I'm sorry Levi... For braking down in front of that stranger..." Eren cried.

Levi couldn't hold it back any longer, he then broke down in tears, balling his eyes out, holding onto Eren like a child and a parent.

"I love you so much!!! I don't know what I would do without you!!" Levi sobbed, the two just stood there for a few minutes holding each other and crying.

"I'm going to miss you..." Levi wiped away his tears.

"I'm going to miss you to..." Levi had already wiped Eren's tears away.

"Eren, it's time." Levi wiped away more tears that fell down both of there faces.

"No... One more minute..." Eren pulled Levi into a long deep kiss. Levi not resistor he slightest.

"I have to go..." Levi pulled away from the kiss.

Levi escorted Eren to the car and made sure he was ok, making sure he had his seat belt buckled, hands on 10 and 2, then standing back as Eren put the car in drive and pulled away from Levi's dorm...

"See you soon Eren..." Levi whispered as he waved Eren goodbye, seeing him disappear in the distance.