Chapter two- Our Seat

~~~3 Years Later~~~

Your POV

"Thank you!"

I stepped out of the shop, waving goodbye to the tall woman behind the register. Making my way down the road, I stopped in front of a small a cafe on the corner.

"The Little Cafe?"

With the shrug of my shoulders, I stepped inside, and was greeted by a woman with black hair.

"Hello! How can I help you?"

After a minute of looking up at the menu, I gave her a smile.

"A coffee with a blueberry muffin, please."

"Sure! We'll bring it over."

I turned to find a good seat, and spotted a nice one near the window. It was a booth, but it would do. Walking over, I sat down, and watched all the people pass by. Nobody in particular seemed interesting until a man with spiky pink hair and two kids walked by. He had a goofy grin, and gripped the little girls hand. The little boy, though, looked upset. After they disappeared, I heard the door to the shop open.

"Natsu! Good to see you!"

"You too!"

"The usual?"

"Yea."

I could hear a small chuckle from behind me, and a small smile appeared on my face.

"Hey lady!"

"Huh?"

Turning my head, I seen the little girl and boy at the table, the boy glaring at me.

"This is our seat. Move it."

"Pardon?"

"L-Lucas!"

The pink haired man ran up, and gave me a nervous smile.

"Sorry, its just we usually sit here. Come on, we'll just sit somewhere else today."

He tugged on his shoulder, but the boy stayed put, staring at me.

"No! This is our seat!"

"Lucas, come on. Why don't we just find a different seat?"

The girls pink and blonde hair fell from her shoulder as she leaned over, and looked at him.

"No!"

After saying that, he climbed in the seat across from me, and folded his arms. Not sure what to do, I just looked at the two, and back at the boy.

"Please forgive him. He's a stubborn hard head!"

She stomped her foot and glared at who I assumed was her brother.

"This lady is the hard head! Tell her to get out of our seat!"

"I-I can find a new seat."

Grabbing my bag, I went to stand up, but was stopped by the man now in front of me.

"No. Lucas, stop. She was here first."

"You and mom were here first! This is our seat!"

He slammed his fist on the table, and glared at his dad.

"R-Really. Its no trouble for me to go find a new seat."

He ignored me while they continued glaring at each other. The little girl tugged on my sleeve, a small smile on her face.

"This happens sometimes. Don't feel responsible."

After thinking for a moment, I stood up and placed a hand on his shoulder. He jumped a little, and looked at me.

"Why don't we all sit here?"

I gave him a smile, and I could feel his muscles relax.

"Yea!"

The little girl jumped onto the seat next to me, and smiled up at her dad, who sighed.

"Sure."

Sitting down next to the boy, he smiled at me.

"Hey, what's your name?"

I looked down at the little girl with a bright smile next to me.

"(F/N)."

"My name's Nashi, and that's my brother, Lucas. And that's my dad, Natsu!"

Lucas huffed and looked out the window.

"Nice to meet you."

"Are you guys all eating together?"

The waitress stood in front of the table, holding two coffees, a muffin, and two bagels. Natsu nodded, and she set everything down. Nashi and Lucas grabbed the bagel, and Natsu grabbed one of the coffees. Grabbing my muffin and coffee, I took a bite, and continued looking out the window.

"So, (F/N)?"

"Yea?"

"Do you live in Magnolia? Or are you visiting?"

"I just moved here actually."

"What made you move?"

I choked on my coffee as the memories came flooding back.

"(F/N)?!"

Nashi was hitting my back, and after a few moments, I finally stopped coughing. After taking in a couple deep breaths, I looked over at Natsu.

"Are you okay?!"

"Y-Yea. And I guess just family issues..."

I rubbed the back of my neck, and he let out a sigh, leaning back in his seat.

"How long have you lived here?"

"All of my life, actually."

"Really?"

"Us too!"

Nashi jumped up, and smiled.

"Yea?"

Giving her a smile, I took another sip of my coffee.

"Well, I guess I should get going."

"What? How come?"

"Don't leave!"

"S-Sorry guys. I have a lot of stuff to take care of. It was nice meeting you all though."

I pulled out a ten dollar bill, and laid it down on the table.

"What's that for?"

"My drink and muffin."

"Don't worry about it."

"A-Are you sure?"

"Yea."

He gave me a smile, which I returned before turning and walking to the door. After waving to the waitress, I stepped outside.