Twenty Eight- Opening up

Guys, I'm salty as a flipping McDonalds french fry. Almost everything in this chapter I put in the last chapter and went to update it but it wouldn't let me so I had to take a bunch out, so now I have to re-write it.  (¬_¬)ノ

~~~

All I could do is smile, and step out of the room, letting out a long sigh as I closed the door behind me. Moving down to the next one, I placed my hand on the doorknob, and slowly pushed it open. The sound of quiet sobs filled the room

"Lucas?"

"Huh?"

He looked up, but instantly looked away. His face was puffy.

"Lucas?"

"Why are you here?"

"I wanted to come visit you."

"Why?"

He still refused to look at me, so I just sat down on the bed next to him and looked at my lap.

"So..."

I could hear his muffled sniffles and my heart sank.

"Thank you."

"For?"

"You were very brave."

He didn't say anything, so I continued.

"Without you I don't think we would've made it out of there alive. Not all of us, anyway."

I twiddled my thumbs trying to think of the right words to say. By now he had shifted his position so he was looking somewhat at me.

"You're still so young, but you've gone through so much. And I haven't helped that. You're mom died and you do your best to be strong for your family, but I know how much it hurts you. When her name is brought up, or when you see another woman with your dad. It almost makes you feel like he's betraying her, and if you don't stop it from happening, you'll be just as bad."

I kept going, even though now he was looking directly at me.

"And now you had to watch your family go through such a horrific thing. I'll understand if you blame it on me. But Lucas, you were my inspiration. Without you, I wouldn't have had the motivation to get out of that room, and find your family. I wouldn't have felt like I had someone to protect throughout the journey. And honestly, I thought it was nice, leaving out the circumstances. For the first time, we worked together. And we did it well."

My voice started to crack and my eyes got watery.

"Lucas, I know you don't like me. I won't try and change that. But I'm not trying to replace your mom. It's just nice feeling like I'm part of a family, ya know?"

Tears rolled down my cheeks.

"And the way everyone accepted me, just like that gave me a sense of purpose. One I haven't felt in a very long time. When everyone was taken and we were locked in that room, I had never felt like I had to protect someone the way I did. Even you. And now, things are finally over. You guys don't have any reason to keep me around anymore. I'm just so scared that when we get out of here, you guys won't keep me and round, and-"