Chapter Thirty- Welcome Home

Im back guys! So I wanted to let everyone know, there is only one more chapter after this one. I hope you all enjoyed the book :))

~~~

I stepped through the doorway to the apartment and felt a feeling of nostalgia crash down on me. It had only been a couple weeks since being here, but it felt like a year. This was my home now and being away from it for so long didnt seem right. Natsu, Nashi, and Lucas followed behind me. Everyone else decided to go home and rest considering it was midnight. I couldn't help but smile.

"Welcome back home, (F/N)!"

My smile got wider and I sat down on the couch, running my hand over the fabric.

"I missed it here so much."

Natsu and Lucas set my things on the ground and sat down as well. I wanted to carry my own stuff, but Natsu insisted they do it. Lucas wasn't as enthusiastic about it, b ut complied anyways. After a minute of looking around, I realized how exhausted I really was. Clearly everyone else was too. Nashi gave us both a quick hug before going into her room, and Lucas only gave us a quick 'night' before walking away. Natsu looked at me, and smiled.

"We're happy to have you back home, (F/N)."

I had been fine in the hospital, the whole situation didn't bother me. But now that things were settled down, and I was back with a chance to clear my head, it all hit me like a bag of bricks. I burst into tears, sobbing.

"Wh-What's wrong? Aren't you happy too?"

He wrapped his arms around me, trying his best to give me comfort.

"O-f cou-rse."

The words got caught in my throat. So instead of saying anything else, he fell silent while holding me, letting me cry it all out. I eventually calmed down, and he brushed my hair out of my face.

"I'm sorry. Its just so much happened, and I am exhausted. I think I'm ready for bed."

"Oh, right."

His words came out slow, and he let go of me. I stood, but still felt a little week. I made my way towards Nashi's room, and lightly sniled at the familiar bed in front of me. It was the one I slept in during my time here. I crawled back into it, covering myself with the blanket. I was exhausted for sure, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't sleep. My body tossed and turned looking for any kind of excuse to get up when I finally found one. I didn't brush my teeth. I slipped the covers off, and quietly stood, not wanting to wake anyone up. Making my way down the hall, I stepped into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I found my toothbrush in the same spot it has always been, and started brushing my teeth. When I was finished, I took a moment to look in the mirror. There were still dark bags under my eyes and minor cuts and bruises here and there. With a sigh, I opened the door and started walking down the hallway when someone grabbed my arm. I gasped and whipped my head around, but found Natsu standing there with a timid look on his face.

"I thought...I thought maybe you could sleep with, uh, with me tonight."

My eyes widened a bit, but my fave softened.

"Sure."

He smiled brightly at me, then led me back to his bedroom. The door clicked shut behind us, and his bedside lamp was the only thing casting light around the room. I climbed onto the bed, and awkwardly slipped under ths covers, not facing him. I felt the bed shift when we climbed in after, and silence filled the room. After a few moments, I felt the bed's weight shift again. Looking over my shoulder, I found Natsu looking at me, so I turned to face him.

"I really am glad you're back."

"Me too."

Another awkward silence fell over us, but I caught myself staring at his eyes. They really were beautiful. I could look into them all night. I was unaware of it happening at first, but we were leaning closer and closer to each other until I felt his breath hit my face. He glaned at my lips a few times, and next thing I knew he was pressing his against mine. We had kissed before, yea. But this one was different. It was more passionate and caring. His hand cupped my face, and I deepened it, shifting my entire body against his. The kiss seemed to last forever, and I was okay with that. When we finally pulled away, we were both gasping for air.

"Dam-mit. I...I really love you."

I was a little shocked at first, but smiled anyways.

"I love you too."

And something clicked. The world melted away, and it was like it was just us. I found his body being pressed against me as his lips collided with mine again. It got heated quickly. Before Natsu, I can't say I have ever really had a good experience. But now? Oh god, it was something completely new, and I enjoyed every bit of it.

~~~

Short and sweet. I stopped before things got too steamy. The next and final chapter should be out soon!